Pre-Purchase Folding Mirrors

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by toffee_pie, Monday 2nd May, 2016.

1. toffee_pie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Eric
    Do legends have the side mirrors fold upon locking?

2. dandoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They fold, but only using a button on the dashboard - they don't do it automatically when you lock the car.

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not even if you double lock like on the CR-V?

4. dandoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, afraid not - a bit of a pain if you want to fold the mirrors then get out of the car on a busy road - you can't use the mirror to see what's coming. One of the few gripes I have with the Legend KB1.
    However, you can close all the windows and sunroof by keeping the lock button on the remote depressed - and likewise, open them all again by keeping the unlock button pressed.

Racy Jace and legend-ary like this.
  5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found that window trick out by accident on the accord. I was well chuffed with it. Especially in hhe summer where you can let the heat out the car as you approach it.

6. toffee_pie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Eric
    too bad about folding mirrors, even the 52 plate Merc did that.

another thing guys. > Slight steering arm play inner joints.
    This props up on an advisory on a Legend i am eying up? anything to worry about? front tyres are worn too apparently, so it might be worth getting it looked into. Wondering what it would cost.

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's a long shot but worth a try, on the Shogun you can remotely fold the mirrors open and closed by pressing the open and lock button respectively on the key fob three times quickly. Unlikely but you never know!

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Mine doesnt do that :Sobbing:

10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It sounds like toffee would have to buy that after market module to get it to do what he wants. Just like James did to his accord before he bought his merc.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Here you go £7 off eBay. It does what you all want.

Item number 191605297838

11. captain trumpy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Captain East Sussex
    Does anybody know of a source of door mirror glass for the nearside door mirror for my 2009 Legend. The existing one has discoloured and my local Honda Stealer wants £175 for a new one! That's just for the glass only. I guess I'll have to watch out for a breaker, but wondered if I can get a stick on jobby to tide me over. I'm planning a 3000 mile trip across Europe in 2 weeks time and as I'll be driving on the right, I could do with a crystal clear door mirror glass. Any suggestions?

12. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Halfords do stick on glass and usually have a range of sizes. EBay doesn't seem to return anything which is surprising.

14. toffee_pie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Eric
    not really surprising when you look at the number of Legends on the road.

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16. dandoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The genuine Honda replacement mirror glass not only has the heating element but also has a circuit that darkens the glass to reduce glare.
    I think it's activated by the AUTO button on the rear-view mirror which darkens the rear-view mirror when it senses a bright light behind the car.
    Suppose that might go some way towards justifying a charge of £175?
    With a stick-on you'll lose those functions.
    Parts for the Legend can be very expensive - I seem to remember being quoted somewhere in the region of £530 :Aghast: for a complete wing mirror after mine was smashed - managed to find a used one on eBay for £35 and had it painted to match my car.

MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There are some on eBay but are for older models. You could look at partsnet once registered you pick what part you want then all the scrappy' s that have one will email you with prices.

18. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Did anyone every buy the linked eBay module to auto fold the mirror?

19. dandoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought it but the wiring required to install it is way beyond me - will have to find a good auto electrician who can find there way round the Legend

Rydo likes this.
  20. Rydo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Thanks for the reply, it did seem very vague the listing!