Guides Footwell Ambient Lights

Civic 01-05 [EP3, EV1] (K20A2, K20A3)

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    RogerH69 submitted a new resource:

Footwell Ambient Lights - Civic 01-05 [EP3, EV1] (K20A2, K20A3)

Read more about this resource...

Nels likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Similiar to how I installed mine. I used two pin connectors so that I can plug and unplug mine if I need to do so so that it doesnt stretch and put unnecessary strain on the cables if I need to drop the lower trim down.

I stuck mine onto some perspex and drilled through the perspex into the trim as I found that after a few days in the summer, the heat would soften the adhesive on the back of the lights and cause them to droop and fall off. After securing them to perspex, I have had no issues.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I like the blue in your car @RogerH69.
    Not impressed with Halfords leaving wires on the outside of the trim. That's poor. At least you've got that tidied up now.
    You must let us know how the double sided tape/3M fixing hold up.
    Many years ago, I fitted an external temperature sensor to the boss's car. The self adhesive tabs on the display unit failed on the first hot day the following summer.
    Since most trim is textured, @Nighthawk's fix seems quite sensible. Time will tell how effective the adhesive is on yours.
    Thank you for sharing.

RogerH69 likes this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Il slap up some pics tomorrow of how I sorted mine out to give people a variety of views of how to install them.

RogerH69 likes this.
  5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I'd be keen to see that
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yeah I'm real shocked with the job Halfords did. To be fair, I was told that the guy that did that ( and he also didn't connect power for my original DAB radio) no longer works with Halfords. The guy who installed the current head unit was also at Halfords, but a different one, and his work was much better.

The trim I stuck them too is quite smooth, but I'll wait for some warm weather to see how they hold up.