Electrical & Lights Footwell led lights

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Dave64, Thursday 18th Aug, 2016.

1. Dave64 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just wondering has anyone fitted them into their CR-V's. Is there wiring in the loom to accommodate or is it a case of wiring into the dome light?

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Racy Jace likes this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I've change the title to Footwell as you can buy LED footwear on ebay!

Nighthawk and legend-ary like this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    How about LEDs in the alloys? :Whistle:

product_ft113775118477.

5. Dave64 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol, don't you just love predictive text. Thank you

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    In answer to your question though, you can just wire it straight into the dome light circuit like I did with my Accord. That way the lighting reacts identically to the way the dome light does. Dome light circuit runs 12v so you can wire it straight into it without any need for convertors etc. Just be careful as it goes through the MICU (dome light circuit that is) and if you wire it up incorrectly, you risk damaging the MICU.

Dave64 likes this.
  7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Theres plenty of cheap LEDs about. I just used the ones that plug into the accesory socket for my rear lights.

Dave64 likes this.
  8. Dave64 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply I just wondered whether the wiring was under the dashboard. Ford would occasionally do this, tape the bulb holder to the wiring loom but not actually put a bulb in it. May look into it when I have some time off.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks have had a look on Ebay to see if there are any pre wired kits that plug straight into loom but can't find any, probably easier to run cables down windscreen pillar from dome light and wire into the terminal which becomes live when doors are unlocked.

Racy Jace likes this.