Electrical & Lights For 8th Generation Owners Reference: Boot Opening Issue(s)

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 17th Feb, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just wanted to highlight something that had me flummoxed for nearly three weeks.

Basically, I couldn't open the boot from the driver door button or the button under the boot lid. The only way to open was via the key fob.

So after checking the fuses (which were all ok), I discovered an "On/Off" switch located in the glove box on the right. It was in the "Off" position. I flicked in on, and presto, the boot opens from the lid and the driver door button.

I guess somewhere along the line I have inadvertently tripped the switch (which I didnt even know was there till today) - so if anyone else has this issue, its likely to be that switch and NOT a fault - therefore its always worth checking that before anything else.

:Thumbup:

Racy Jace likes this.
  2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That':Thumbup:s good to know. Any idea what the purpose of switching off the electronic lock would be?

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can only surmise that this lock/switch in the glovebox is a security feature to prevent access to the boot - especially as there is no keyhole to open it from.