Off-Topic Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 4th May, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Coming off roundabout onto a motorway tonight doing a 1/2 hour Italian tune to clear up my engine etc and had this skateboard up my arse. He was keeping up quite well but was slowly falling behind but I decided to let him pass so slowed down.

Anyway, he was out looking for a race as he was baiting other drivers and an Audi 2.0 T petrol joined the motorway and was going for it. This little car managed to just beat him! I think the Audi called it quits though as the Ford was seriously close to him

Looked it up and there's a petrol 1.6 and a diesel 1.6 Version. What do you reckon, a turbo fitted in the petrol or a seriously remapped diesel? I would think if he stuck a turbo in a petrol version it would be quicker at the top end so perhaps the latter? I suppose he has a good power to weight ratio advantage though.

2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    The Fiesta Zetec S is a really fast car for it's class, and they're really quite light - I wanted to get one when I had my little 1.4 Fiesta a while back. Sounds like it has been modified if he's getting away with being so cheeky. Don't know enough about engines to hazard a guess on how though.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Who knows but it was only a Fiesta so I wouldn't worry about it :lol:

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Those Fiestas handle well, but the Audi should have taken him in a straight line, it doesnt have enough grunt to overpower a 2ltr diesel unless the Audi couldn't drive. The diesel Ztec S is horrific and isnt quick at all, the petrol is much better to drive.

I have recently driven a hired car through work which was a 1.0 ltr ecoboost fiesta - honestly, I really liked it - drove it like it was stolen, was really chuckable and the little turbo charged 1ltr engine revved quite freely - wasnt that slow either.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The Audi was a 2.0T petrol and they are quite light also so I agree that I don't think he was flooring it.

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    There quote nice those Fiesta's, I think they produce 130bhp and weight under a tonne? So thats 100bhp per tonne which is good going. I would much rather have a Suzuki Swift Sport though.