Feedback/Help Forecast of Events

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by MickyB, Thursday 2nd Jun, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just a thought, but recently I have been criticised by certain people about poking my nose into meeting threads, trying to take over meetings and posting links on meeting threads which was not acceptable.
    So as to cut down on the number of wasted threads regarding meets could we look at having a forecast of events where members who have information about meets/shows etc an put them up with a link so others can see them. Then if enough people show an interest in a specific item then a meeting thread could be started.
    I was thinking of something along the lines of the members map so everyone has access to everything on it. Links info the ability to add details that sort of thing.
    Any thoughts???

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Xenforo (our forum software) does have some "Event" type Calendar plugins but this would need some development time to implement.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That sounds fine.
    It would be good just to pilot it for a while so it could be fine tuned and then possibly put into full swing for next year.

4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I have a few that think HK should attend where do you advise I put them?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just start new threads with dates Guy, Mick I won't hold my breath on a calendar ever getting implemented, as no one ever uses them for events.

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Then maybe we need to try it and also educate members about it like the map. It seems better than filling up the meetings section with stuff that may never gets used. Only a thought.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Calendar's will not serve any purpose at all Meets are planned in threads and they do not get lost as the title has the location and date which is fixed..

8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I do like the idea of having a place where can post upcoming events and see if there is enough interest to try and organise a stand for example.
    That way you could have a big list for things going on through the year which you can look at on one page that anyone can add to and also could say right I can't make that one but the one two months away I can.

I think this idea shouldn't be disregarded just yet as might be really good if something similar to the events section I use on Facebook so have a list of things I am interested in attending.
    Screenshot_2016-06-03-22-49-28.
    - - - Updated - - -
    People can invite each other to events and have three options where you can reject and will clear it, select interested and will stay and remind you when near the start date or select going :Smile:

MickyB likes this.
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And also the meeting thread won't turn into a bun fight as we have seen recently as it will be solely for a meet taken from the list by the OP.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    no no bun fight was an OTT reaction, and I have had that chat with you in private, this has nothing do with calendar... lets get that straight don't try to justify something where there is no need for it.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm not justifying that at all the calendar would be easier for all to see and there would be no comments made to distract people from what they are looking at. If a member Then wants to organise something from the calendar then they take charge and post a thread I the meetings section. That is what I am trying to say the quote to the bf was just to highlight what happens when things are not right and not controlled. @K24 CL9 GUY has taken on the OP role for the Combe meet and he's doing it his way and is doing it very well and very controlled, he knows what he wants and what he is doing without the outside interference and the other unwanted actions(shall we call it).
    This is not personal it's to benefit everyone.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The answer is still no, you organise events on a thread on this forum and rally support on a thread a calendar will not do that. Sorry this topic is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.