Pre-Purchase FR-V 1.8 petrol engine corrosion

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by teaandbiscuits, Saturday 1st Aug, 2015.

1. teaandbiscuits New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom teaandbis Leeds
    Hi all, hope you can spare a couple of minutes to help us...

We're looking to buy our first FR-V... really excited by this! Found one we like the look of but was a bit put off by the level of corrosion around the engine, see pic below.

Does this look normal? Or is it likely to cause a lot of hassle for us?

IMG_20150801_132401.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    People often neglect the fact that engine bay should also periodically be cleaned too.

Looks like this car may have spent a fair bit of it life near the seaside perhaps.

What is the condition of the rest of the car and the underside ?

BTW it's customary for new member to drop by the Introduce Yourself and say a few things about yourself.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I can't see anything overly worrying from the picture, just looks like it hasn't been maintained well in its life. My OCD would have me replacing all the bolts/clips mind at the least :Laughing:

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks fine to me if you have been looking at garages they will have steam cleaned the engines that one is just what they look like before they've been cleaned. At least with it not being touched you can see if there are any oil leaks etc

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ I totally agree with @Dave - this is far more honest.

If the rest of the car - underside and paintwork - looks ok, then I wouldn't be that worried about this.