Aftermarket Kit FR-V cruise control reto fit.

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Mo hussain, Friday 23rd Sep, 2016.

1. Mo hussain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mo Oldham
    Hi everyone
    My FR-V is an se model and it does not have cruise control. I do a lot of driving and was thinking of having cruise control on my car. I have spent few quids on the with converting it to lpg. I am happy and i want to keep it for a while. Best of all my 2 daughters love it as they both sit next to me in the front and the wife at the back. I would really be grateful if anyone please him me on this issue. I thank you all in advance.
    Regards
    Mo.

2. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Adding an aftermarket cruise is really dependent on the design of the throttle. If its an electronic throttle pivot do a throttle control and cruise unit which is really easy to fit almost plug and play. If it has a cable from the accelerator pedal to the throttle it is much more involved and will probably need custom brackets made. Anyway I did add cruise to my StepWGN but it is the electronic type throttle. The Pivot unit I only found in Japan and had to proxy buy and ship, I have see the Rostra units on ebay and Amazon.

Rostra 250-1223 Universal Cruise Control System
    3-drive · α (3DA/3DA-B/3DA-C) | Throttle Controller with AUTO CRUISE Control | PIVOT

3. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    I think it maybe a cable throttle, the diesel FR-V has cruise control, won't you be able to take it off one of them and put it in yours?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A heavy brick will do also do the same thing .. I will get me coat.... :facepalm:

copytron likes this.
  6. copytron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland copytron Dublin

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I guess you might be able to adapt the parts from a FR-V that had CC as standard, but it would take a lot of work.

Purely for interest, there's a guy on another Honda forum that offers this service for Civics... fitting OEM cruise control 2.2 - Civinfo

Last edited: Sunday 9th Oct, 2016
  8. Mo hussain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mo Oldham
    Can't get details of this guy on the link

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    You'd need to be a member of the Civinfo forum to contact him... I am a member, so if you'd like to PM me your contact details then I can contact him and pass on your details. But I'm not sure he can can help you, I linked that thread just to let you know this sort of retro-fit can, and has been, done on other Honda models.