General FR-V Door Card Removal Guide

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Ben28, Monday 19th May, 2014.

1. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Shetland
    Looked online and couldn't find one, and I know it's a easy job but a lot of people (like me) like assurance they're not going to break anything and know what they getting into ahead of time.

Remove the 3 screws from under the covers on the door handle housing and armrest.
    “Pop” out the door handle housing. Leave it loose there for now - no need to try and disconnect it.
    photo 1.JPG

Prise up where shown and get your fingers behind the door card. Give it a good pull. There are clips along the sides and bottom (about 6) just pull and they will pop out.
    photo 2.JPG

Carry on pulling round the bottom of the door, as below. At this point just lift the door card UP, and off the top lip of the door metal.
    photo 3.JPG

The door handle housing fits through the door card, without having to disconnect anything so the handle will still work. just leave it hanging or you can screw it back in while you work.
    Disconnect the mirror connection on the armrest. Job Done.
    photo 5.JPG

garf8v, Nels, Auto Ali and 2 others like this.
  2. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Nice write up Ben, I've just done one of these on my 6th Generation too after my exterior door handle broke!

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm with you on researching a new job before I start taking things apart.
    If needs must, then yes, dive straight in, but only when you have to.

As you do more, you gain experience and confidence.

Good clear write up.
    You in turn will help others who didn't know how to do this. :Smile:

Auto Ali likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ali London
    Thanks for this super detailed guide made it really simple to get off , like you said without breaking anything... Superb stuff
    Kind regards Ali:Hey: