Exhaust System FR-V exhaust joiner problems...

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by largewul, Monday 5th Sep, 2016.

1. largewul Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland largewul Glasgow
    Not sure if this is already covered here - the centre joint on my FR-V started to blow. Had a look under the car at the join - and all three of the nuts had come off the studs - not only that the movement in the joint had obviously been moving - and the studs had worn the holes away in the other half - meaning they were no longer holes - just very worn elongated slots......easy enough to fix if you don't mind the joint being welded shut (driving around with Mole Grips also works - but probably not to MOT standard!!)

Happened suddenly with no warning - might be worth checking on yours.........the holes on the RH pipe as below ended up almost completely worn away.

upload_2016-9-5_15-23-4.

Zebster likes this.
  2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Wow!

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    You mean like this? They are supposed to be like this ;D
    image.

4. largewul Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland largewul Glasgow
    Yes - similar to that - but completely worn away - there was nothing left on the RHS to bolt to - the picture you show has the correct shape - that is not what I am referring to.....the studs on the LHS were there - totally worn - and a complete PITA to remove - solid.....nuts had disappeared......even with new studs - basically nothing to grip to on the RHS part - as mentioned - looked like they were worn away by the studs moving......

As mentioned - if this is well known - just I have never seen it.......