Exhaust System FR-V exhaust.

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Richiepaterson, Sunday 25th Jan, 2015.

1. Richiepaterson New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Rick Hastings
    Hi guys, just signed up although I thought I'd done it ages ago. Don't know what happened there.
    I have a 55 plate 2.0 petrol FR-V with a blown back box. Anybody know where I can get a replacement for sensible money? Honda want over 200 notes just for the part. Been told there is a local place that could possibly take an accord pattern box and weld the brackets on it to make it fit for half that. Any thoughts? I'm in Hastings, East Sussex btw. Many thanks for any replies.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    55 Plate FR-V auto that would make that a JDM import?

3. Richiepaterson New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Rick Hastings
    Sorry. No it's a 55 plate petrol manual gearbox. Do you reckon this is an import?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Manual will be a UK spec car.

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to the club.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Personally I would go with the correct OEM part. The correct OEM box will last you a lot longer than a butchered aftermarket one.

Besides K series engined manual vehicles don't often demand you spend money on them.

7. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jas West Sussex
    Welcome....

before you part with your hard earned, try a local fabricator if you have one nearby? Of course OEM would be ideal, but if they are quoting stupid money, it is possible that a fabricator can weld a generic backbox into your existing set up if its sound. We also run a Subaru and the exhaust is extortionate from the dealer, so much so, that it is half the price to replace it all in stainless!!

There is an excellent fabricator near me but i'm West Sussex based (Arundel way).

8. Paulcornwall Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Penzance
    £200 dosent seem that bad of price considering its genuine. Have you tried carparts4less for a pattern part? Easier said than done when you haven't got the money but I would bit the bullet and get the genuine box for 200 notes.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club @Richiepaterson. A genuine exhaust doesn't actually seem particularly unreasonable for £200, while I'd agree that a stainless steel custom fabricated exhaust would be great, they don't normally come any cheaper than a couple of hundred quid anyway and you have to be careful with your choices to get whatever sound characteristics you're after from it.

There's plenty of nice JDM aftermarket exhausts available from the motherland, they'll only cost a few times as much :Whistle:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham