Electrical & Lights FR-V Interior lights

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by naf123, Thursday 6th Oct, 2016.

1. naf123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Nathan London
    Hi,

I've noticed that when unlocking the car the interior light at the front (where the front row is ) don't come on . Switching off the engine - it doesn't come on . Opening doors - it doesn't come on .

However the light at the back near the boot does work and comes on when i switch off engine and powers off eventually when locking the doors....

Switching on the interior light manually works . So what am i missing ? Is there a switch that I need to be aware of ?

Many thanks

2. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Lights at the front are manual only.

3. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Shetland
    I would say either there is a fault at the switch or a fault in the 'timed' wire to the switch, to the front interior light.
    You could try swapping the front / rear interior light units over for a test.
    Cheers
    B

4. naf123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Nathan London
    Thanks guys. Dr Sam says switches are manual at the front - seems that apply to some cars ? How do I know what system I have ?

Thanks

5. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Shetland
    Am I correct in saying your front interior light has 3 positions...
    1 (towards drivers side) off
    2 (middle) automatic with door open
    3 (towards passenger side) always on
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry just re read... Do you mean the ones by the rear view mirror? If so then yes they're manual.
    I thought you meant the 'middle' interior light. :focus:

6. naf123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Nathan London
    I have some kind of switch at the back ....the front doesn't seem to have switches . Just press on the light ....there are two lights next to each other ...

I would take a picture but not near the car at the moment ...

Edit - just saw your post ... Yes by the rear view mirror ! So that's all clarified thanks very much . Will post picture for people to know in future....when i get to car !

Bones126 likes this.
  7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Auto Ali, Ben28 and SpeedyGee like this.