Body, Paint & Styling FR-V interior Room with Child seats

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by csot2016, Wednesday 9th Mar, 2016.

1. csot2016 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Emma shrewsbury
    Hi, please help on my first post
    my husband has very kindly bought me an FR-V which we are collecting at the weekend. I haven't seen it yet and a little worried it will be big enough - maybe someone can give me more info to reassure me.
    I have 4 children 2 of whom are in average width forward facing car seats. When the 2 child seats are fitted in the back will there still be room for a teenage passenger to sit in between them in the middle.
    There are times we will need to use all 6 seats so this is vital.
    Anyone with photos of theirs with seats in would be great as I can't find any online
    Thanks guys
    - - - Updated - - -
    Wow busy lady

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You could do one up in the middle and one at the back row leaving room for everyone. Welcome to HK

upload_2016-3-9_11-18-40.

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    @chris2982 uses his FR-V as a family bus and I think he is quite happy with it.

4. csot2016 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that I guess that's an option when all 6 seats are needed. Any idea who would be safest in the front : an 18 month old in 5 point harness forward facing seat or 3 year old in s high back booster secured with the adult seat belt .
    Also which seats have isofix points in a 2005 model Please as that may decide for me

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

18 month old should definitely go in the back no question about that.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Have a look at this http://hondakarma.com/garage/perseus.336/
    I think a teenage can easily fit in the middle seat.

6. csot2016 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys , which seats are isofix ready please - 2005 model

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Bones126 and SpeedyGee like this.
  8. csot2016 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That would work well as the 3 year olds seat is isofix and the 18 months isn't so that would definatley keep him in the back row
    Much appreciated THANKYOU - should have found this forum days ago rather than trawling through Internet searches and not getting consistent answers #just get more confused !!!

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Well I am glad you found HK useful.
    When you take delivery of the car feel free to add it to the club garage.. Hope your Honda gives you years of trouble free service.:gohonda:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @csot2016 :Hey:

The FR-V is a great car, you're going to love it ! Roll on Saturday huh :Smile:

Please do hang about once you've have got it, would love to see it the Club Garage, there's very healthy collection of fellow FRVs in there so it will feel right at home :Smile:

11. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I have 4 kids aswell and 2e can all fit in comfortably. .
    the iso fix anchor points are on the outer 2 rear seats and the front centre seat. and there Is ample room for 3 quite large child seats to fit in the back 3 at the same time.
    as it's only now and again we have all 6 of us in at once , we normally have the 3 kids seats in the back and keep the front middle folded down until needed.

hope this helps a bit.

12. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Hi, we have 3 child seats fitted in the back, 2 with 5 point harness and 1 high back booster. Enough space to get the hands in to do the seat belt on the booster. At one point we did have the the group 2 seat at the front with the seat pushed back and it wasn't obstructive.

csot2016 likes this.
  13. csot2016 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks, I'm feeling more confident now

14. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi, another here with three kids and me being the 4th :Smile:
    We have a baby seat fitted to the rear outer seat on the passenger side, the eldest an his girl friend who are 14 and 15 go in the back too, our 10 year old goes in the middle front and mom and dad go either side, dependent on who is drunk at the time :Tongue:

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Emma. :welcome:

:congratulations: on your forthcoming FR-V. I'm sure you'll find it just perfect in town or round the Shropshire countryside.
    As you can see, we've got a fantastic bunch of FR-V members and I hope you will participate even more after Saturday. :Hey:

16. garf8v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Emma
    Welcome to the forum, its very friendly and extremely helpful.
    These FR-V's are so good that we have 2 in our family!
    My daughters accomodate's 4 kids (under 7) a dog, buggy and associated paraphernalia, oh, and her husband! We got 2 to avoid being stuck in delivery/collection of kids (I am full time house granddad with my grandson and often babysit!) They are also good for the great grandparents as they are easy to get in and out of. They also seem to have enough headroom for the little ones to put on/off coats in the car before getting out., and you can access them from both sides! In all a great family wagon that also doubles as a van when my friends kids went to Uni, with 3 adults in the front.
    Enjoy your new car.

17. Merk1981 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The space around the middle seat was a key reason why I bought the FR-V. It easily fits my 6"1" wife in between two child seats when I have mother up front with me. Even the CR-V does not offer as much space there even though it is a bigger vehicle overall.

18. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    What did you go for in the end Emma? @csot2016

19. csot2016 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi got FR-V thanks and it's fab , loads of room and a bout- why didn't I discover this 2 years ago !!

legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats @csot2016 !

Better late than never huh ! :Smile:

Can we see some pictures of it ?