Show Us Your Car FR-V Owners Thread

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by solid, Sunday 29th Apr, 2012.

1. solid New Member Getting Started

Hi everyone,

Just joined the site, and not seeing much FR-V owners talk. Just thought it would be a good idea to see if there were any FR-V owners here at AOC? What are my chances??

Anyway, I will get the ball rolling - I have a 2005 Diesel Sport, owned for about three years, and done 111,000+ miles. It's almost a perfect car for me and my family. It's the only six-seater I would trust (I have owned the Multipla before this, and I never felt secure or safe in it).

I love that I can get everyone in (including four car-seats), and still have a very useful boot. The seating arrangement could be better, but I guess that is the compromise when using a six-seater.

I hope there are other FR-V owners - it would be good to start up a useful owners thread :Smile:

2. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Solid

Welcome on board, like what you say. I had looked at the FR-V before deciding on the tourer. I also was keen on the seating arrangements, but I think what put me off in the end was being unsure if I had enough room in the boot for our dog.Anyway, hope you enjoy the site & look forward to hearing more

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey Solid, apologies for not picking this up earlier.Helen already stated her practical reasons,for me it was the engine selection FR-V 1.8 petrol engine was not setting both of our requirements of decent performance. The 1.8 petrol Engine needed to be worked hard to get the level of performance we both demanded. The 2.0 litre engine was ideal for the FR-V chassis but that was discontinued in 2006 IIRC. If the K20 engine was still an option then the we would have bought it without hesitation.

We didn't like the diesel (I didn't :Wink:)

4. mike787 Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Solid, I have just bought my FR-V, took delivery of a parallel import 1800 petrol yesterday. It's an 09 reg and has only covered 13,000 miles. I can't say it is a class of vehicle I wanted, circumstances have taken a turn in our home and we need easy access and exit for my elderly father in law when he travels with us. All the reviews put this at the top of the league, so it had to be done. All I need now is a decent honest and reliable place to have it looked after. How are you getting along with yours?

C50 likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Mike welcome to AOC,if your import a auto box? The auto option never came to the FR-V when it came initially to Europe.

I would love to see the picture of your EDIX the Jim name for the the FR-V

6. mike787 Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine is a manual, it's a parallel import which was destined for Cyprus and was then shipped to the UK. The only thing not UK spec to my knowledge is no rear reversing sensors. It does have roof rails though.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    its a EU import my bad :Wink:, get some picture up of your car would love to see it. If you need ant FR-V specific help please ask, we may be a Accord forum but we can still help you.

8. C50 Premium Member Club Supporter

Count me in - see my posts on 'Introduce Yourself':Smile:

9. C50 Premium Member Club Supporter

Well, 3 weeks into the "honeymoon" and delighted with my 2 litre Sport. All the space luxury and performance you could want. Had a trip up to Royal Deeside for a 2 night break, averaged just under 33mpg brim to brim, less than the computer's average of 37 - however this was in mostly atrocious weather conditions on slow roads, climbing a good number of feet in both the Cairn o'Mount and Glenshee, with some 12% gradients together with a slow run up Glen Muick's single track road - never got into 6th gear the entire trip. Several comments on arrival at work of 'cool' , and someone thought it was a Mercedes - I had to tell them no, it's better than that, it's a Honda.

Malibu likes this.
  10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Back of the net.:GoodJob:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  11. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Hello folks,

I, too, have just joined this site having bought my FR-V last October (2006 2.2 iCDT-i Sport) showing 25,000 miles.

I found a forum on hondawebsite.com but this seems to have stopped working, the Civic forum just slags the FR-V off so I was delighted to find this thread!
    The car was bought after we decided to sell our motorhome and go back to towing a caravan so needed a towcar. The shortlist was a diesel Mondeo or Insignia as the caravan is 1,400kg and I didn't want a 4x4 - then we saw a Honda FR-V parked outside a local caravan dealer and liked the look of it. We researched it, test drove one and loved it, found our low mileage one and bought it.

I had a good look on the FR-V section of the hondawebsite after we got it as it developed a slight stutter (cured with a clean of the EGR valve) and it seems we have ALL the niggles listed - noisey tyres, creaking clutch pedal, steering pulling left, slightly low MPG and its almost through its second set of front tyres - but we think it is brilliant!!!

I look forward to exchanging hints, tips and fixes on this forum - the Fiat forum saved me a fortune with the motorhome - and who knows, we may get all 13,000 owners joining us :Aghast:)

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC
    All Honda owners are welcome here to share and learn anything and everything Honda.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    FR-V despite our title we aim to cater for all manner of Honda models.

We'd be more than willing to extend our general Honda knowledge and try help FR-V owners.

It sounds like you've accumulated a fair bit of knowledge on FRVs yourself, why don't you start an "FR-V common faults".
    This is always a good starting point for prospective purchasers of a particular model (in this case the FR-V).

Malibu and Ichiban like this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi FR-V ,

Hi and welcome to AOC, you need not worry about any mud slinging on here all Honda owners are welcomed and we embrace it.. We don't embrace Honda mudslinger here thou they need to stay where they are and be with like minded people.

if we have more FR-V owners then all our resources and help will be devoted behind it and that is a promise. Its clear to see you are enthusiastic about it and so are we so fire away your question and by all means share your experience for the FR-V members here.

Looking forward to your contribution.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  15. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Thanks for the welcome guys, this seems to be a great forum and will be pleased to share any Honda related experiences with you all.
    This is my second Honda, but the first was an orange Z600 coupe in the 80s which was last seen being auctioned off at the Bubblecar Museum.

I haven't had the FR-V long enough to judge whether the niggles listed are common problems or just "characteristics" of the model, only time and a few thousand miles will tell. If you believe all the posts I shall need a new clutch master cylinder and pedal, a new steering rack and a full set of tyres every year!
    All I can say for now is that it is a delight to drive down the motorways in cruise, the VSA copes with this snow brilliantly, it is not as wide as I thought it was when I first drove it (and I love the folding mirror trick), the centre seat makes great armrest/table when the grandkids aren't fighting to sit in it, I have managed to tease 43mpg out of it and it seems to tow the van fine (only a short test drive and the MPG dropped alarmingly!)
    Being a very low mileage big diesel I expect the MPG to improve as it gets more serious use and plan to have all the fluids and filters changed next month before any proper towing begins.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    New steering rack already you sure why so early any damage done?

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham