Optional Extras FR-V Parking sensors

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Sawyer280769, Thursday 29th Aug, 2013.

1. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 2006 FR-V doesn't have any rear parking sensors. Anyone fitted aftermarket ones?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Parking sensors

Good question mate, to be honest no one has asked this question yet. Which kit did you have in mind? Please post the link or pictures and lets get debating and get this going! :Smile:

I can pull up some FR-V genuine accessories install guides for you to give you an idea..let us know.

3. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hadn't chosen which kit yet as there are loads of aftermarket ones. I'd appreciate the install guides please

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I picked up some steelmate ones from Halfords for just 15 quid for my accord, I think they were the older version (weirdly it came with a screen when the newer ones don't), the newer version is 65 quid. Highly recommend them, haven't actually needed them yet but its peace of mind.

5. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Did you fit them yourself?

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Managed to do it all apart from the soldering without any help, friend did it for me. I managed to find a hole under the right braking light cluster to the bottom of the car which is what I thread all my wires through and the drilling is pretty easy as they give you the tool. That said the best quote I got was fifty pounds which isn't too bad considering the time it requires.

7. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fifty quid is very good isn't it? I'm going to shop about and try and source some sensors that match the paint as the FR-V is a very bright blue

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the best thing to do is to buy spray paint, chances are you won't find the exact colour. They're a fiver on ebay for a small pot. Twenty for a big can of paint though.

9. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will that no affect the sensor by painting over it ?

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nope, just spray over it very lightly. I literally did 5 passes by on it and it came out perfectly.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope bud they work fine I will upload the Honda install PDF shortly.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  13. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ideal! Thanks mate