Tyres & Wheels FR-V Rear Wheel Bearing Assembly

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by RobsyUK, Wednesday 5th Oct, 2016.

1. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Well I've finally found that my extreamly intermittent grinding noise is actually a rear wheel bearing.
    I assumed the drone noise from the rear was normal on this but it's not.

So I'm about to order the part from Honda (although euro car parts item says jpj) or the three letters to say made in japan and I'm considering the cheaper option TBH.

But is it part 4 on this list as I was expecting to see an actual bearing and not just the housing in the pic.

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/hon...&block_02=B__1910&block_03=19143&block_05=hcr

Do I need a press or do they just fall out.

Bones126 likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    All modern Honda cars now have bearing as "housing assemblies" with wheel studs. No pressing nothing take the whole lot off and replace.

3. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    The complete one from euros is £130 and has ntn written on the inside.

Looks like Holden will beat that, that's if the price on the lings is correct

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Who Holden? GM's Australian division?

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NTN is the same supplier to Honda. I would assume HH would beat that .. but stranger things have happened.

Bones126 likes this.
  6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Glad you have put this to bed though, let us know how you get on with changing the bearing as it's on my list of things to buy and keep under the worktop until I get round to doing them also :-/