Optional Extras FR-V's and iPods

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Sawyer280769, Tuesday 3rd Sep, 2013.

1. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Recently picked up my new FR-V(2006 2.0 petrol SE) Really happy with it in the whole but plan to add a few little things (parking sensors, fog lamps) I had also hoped that I'd be able to connect my iPod via an aux connector but there is one I can see. Anyone any solutions?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Xcarlink do a kit mate , check it out on their website HONDA :: XCarLink
    Being a member you can get a discount of 10 % if you were interested just drop me a PM.

3. Princepugh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David Sheffield
    Or you could get a relatively inexpensive power and min-jack adapter cable off ebay and use the in-built aux near the handbrake. The usb style 12v adapters are now very neat and compact.

David

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    David have you done this mod can you please share pictures of it .

5. Princepugh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hiya, I did a quick write up here http://hondakarma.com/threads/4768/

Obviously it is just an aux input so the controls for track selection etc don't operate the ipod.

Hope that helps

David

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    oops I forgot about that DIY ...

7. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a look at David's previous write up (very good!) but my FR-V doesn't have an aux input socket under the handbrake ! :Aghast:

8. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had a right good look and my FR-V seems to be different :Foolish:

9. Princepugh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh dear, that's a shame - I was under the impression the aux connector was standard fitment - is your 2006 motor pre or post the face-lift? If the former, maybe it wasn't the case.

D

10. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How can I tell?

11. Princepugh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah - just checked, the facelift was 2007 - you can tell by the lack of wood-effect trim in the cabin and a new grille, door handles and light cluster on the exterior. The aux input socket was indeed only an addition to the face-lift model so that would probably explain it.

D

12. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

13. ukianj New Member Getting Started

Recently purchased a 2005 2.2 CDTI Sport. I have a receipt for a dealer fit iPod connector (£260 fitted at Chiswick Honda). For the life of me though, I cannot find any evidence of it. Where should I find a cable poking out? I'm inclined towards thinking it's been subsequently removed prior to my purchasing the car...

2013-10-05 22.07.39.