Suspension, Steering and Brakes Friction and suiting advice

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jaywood, Wednesday 26th Dec, 2012.

1. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Its time to have a tinker with my 2door and replace the pads and discs as they look to be the ones fitted at the factory (car yet to show 40k on the clock and in my usual ocpd mode I've been thinking about what to fit.
    I know from my Honda owning courier days that nothing was better than honda (nissin) pads HH rated and discs for life and stopping power, but in this age of austerity is this still the case with the car side of the company?
    Not bothered about saving a few quid on patten parts just want to do what i can to keep this clean, straight car in fine fettle.

2. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Well if you're looking to improve on standard then have a look at EBC's range. You might find some greenstuff pads an improvement as well as low dust.
    I will be changing to redstuff next time I'm due a change.

3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    G12, Unless you're experiencing brake fade on Greenstuff pads I wouldn't bother changing to Redstuff pads. My experience is the bite from cold on red's is less than the Green's. Red's are only better than Green's at higher temperatures.

4. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Cheers for the help guys, have gone for OEM pads 'n discs from Holcroft Honda all for the measley sum of 120 odd notes, well no more than 24 notes as the lowest would be a fiver.
    Will do a guide on the swap though it'll show just how distracted I get. :Wink:

Ichiban and SayamaAccord like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good choice buddy :Thumbup:Honda brake pads for majority of them are sourced and manufactured in Europe now,but a few still come from Japan.

On the 8th Generation 2.4 and 2.2 Type-S they still come from Japan, IMHO the Japanese brake pads exhibit less stubborn brake dust then the Europeans ones.

6. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Is there any ratings marked on the pads for wet and dry friction?