Introductions From Vectra to Accord

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ShamusUK, Sunday 9th Nov, 2014.

1. ShamusUK New Member Getting Started

Hello everybody :Smile:

As the titles suggests, I've recently parted ways with my Vectra and got myself an Accord.

The Vectra was a 2006 Elite 2.2i (petrol) Auto. I bought it in 2007 with 10,000 on the clock and sold it 7 years later with 120,000 miles on the clock. In that time it did not miss a beat (apart from some broken coil springs) - incredibly reliable - hence it's still in the family. People knock Vectras, but I really enjoyed mine. It had heated leather, sat nav, cruise, parking sensors... everything really. When it came time to change I was really stumped. What could I replace it with? I'm not keen on the 'latest' cars with often poor visibility, electronic parking brakes etc. I think 2005-2008 was a good era (and affordable) for cars. My budget was £6k

I needed to replace my Vectra with something similar, but better (a bit more up-market maybe) and with low mileage. I considered a Mazda6, a C-Class, Passat, Avensis and the Accord. It had to be a petrol, auto.

All were good. But the Accord just 'felt right'. Everything I need in a car. Not pretentious, but has an air of quality.

So, I got myself a one owner 2006 Accord 2.0 Ex Auto with Satnav and HFT... and with 50,000 miles on the clock, full History by Honda dealers. Great value for £5k. I'm delighted with the car, and happy to find such a friendly forum (i was active on the vectra-c forum since 2007, also a friendly and informative place). I'll post some pic of my car when I get chance.

I'll also write a comparison review of Vectra Elite Vs Accord Ex for people wanting to make a similar move. The Accord is a wonderful car but it lacks some basic features/logic which I enjoyed and took for granted with the Vectra. Anyway, more on this later - maybe some of it can be resolved with some minor mods.

Anyway, that's the end of my hello :Smile:

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:welcome:

Great intro - welcome to HondaKarma...

Will be interested to read the comparison report.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @ShamusUK. :welcome:
    Looking forward to reading more from you.
    It is good to have members that are in a position to share their experiences and knowledge.
    Have a browse around the site. There is a wealth of information about FL 7th Generation Accords.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK @ShamusUK

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your car and hearing more about your experiences.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :welcome: to Honda Karma @ShamusUK

Look forward to hearing more about the comparison between the two.

:garage:

6. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you found yourself a first class replacement for your Vectra.:Thumbup:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome Shamus, there's quite a few ex-Vauxhall owners on the site (myself included), I had tons of failures over a period of 5,000 miles :Laughing:

Anyway, glad to hear yours was solid, and hope to hear more about how you feel it compares to the Vectra :Smile:

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

10. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    welcome to honda karma was toying with the idea of buying a vectra hatchback for the boot size,its true the vectra has a bad rep,thats what made me not buy one,all i heard about was engine/gearbox problems,and there nod bad looking either especially the gts model