Suspension, Steering and Brakes Front anti roll bar bushes

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by SayamaAccord, Sunday 15th Apr, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Has anyone changed their 7th Generation front ARB bushes?

The metal retainer that goes over the bush on the nearside (I didn't look at the offside so it may or may not be the same) is attached to the subframe by two bolts.

My question is how do you undo the rear bolt? The brake or fuel lines above it seem to make it impossible to get a socket on it, and there doesn't seem to be enough room to get a spanner in there either :Messed:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cliff post a picture bud can't visualise where you mean. :Grin:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just looked up the WSM it does not mention any obstruction or any removal of ancillaries to get to the bolt.

I have not changed them yet on both of my car as they are perfect, strange to hear yours playing up already. Maybe Beefy can suggest a way , if he get a chance to stop romancing.:Whistle:

4. Salim Member

sw
    I not 100% but I think you need to drop the subframe a little to gain access to the rear bolt. Can't remember exactly but will have a look when I'm replacing front pads soon.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers Sal...I did wonder if it might need that doing...or alternatively taking the lines off.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    its a bit of a tight spot but you get to it by lowering the subframe a corner at a time. having as many sockets and spanners as i have makes the job a little easyer too i must admit. spray the bolt with penatration spray a few times and give it chance to soak. the 14mm bolts can be very tight! if it is slacken the bolt a few turns, spray and the tighten up again. repeat untill you can get the bolt out or bush past the clamp.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks Adam...sounds like a fun job if one of those 14mm bolts gets sheared off.

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    yeh. not somthing you would want to do on the driveway thats for sure!. to be fair it would be a bit of a ball ache to drill and tap on a ramp! possibly subframe off job!

9. Sky58 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Tony Norwich
    Hi it would be a easy job if nut was tack welded. To bush bracket and bolt went from underneath. I was going to change my bushes but did not bother after looking. Not a great design that one. When I do it I'll change it. Lol