Suspension, Steering and Brakes Front anti-roll bar bushes

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Rhys, Monday 22nd Apr, 2013.

1. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Had an advisory on my recent MOT front anti roll bar has slight play in bush/pin. My question is....could this be a DIY job or take it to the garage job lol thanks :Smile:

2. accordboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

never done them but should be quite straight forward ill have a look tomorrow and get back to you

3. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cheers buddy :Smile:

4. philoldsmobile Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its most definitely a DIY job, but beware the bolts seem to be a right bugger to get out on Accords. soak everything liberally in WD-40 and take it easy and slowly, backing them in and out gently while dousing in more WD-40. you really don't want to shear one - its a major pain to rectify.

Its worth doing - i have changed* the anti poll bar bushes and drop links on my car and it really tightened up and quietened the drive.

* Being fresh from a major RTA my mate did the rears, and it went into a garage for the fronts. In both instances it was reported the bolts were a git, as they were quite seized. The same job done on a Toyota Celica a year before was a 5 min job.

Last edited: Friday 26th Apr, 2013
  5. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Sounds like Honda didn't put any anti-seize compound on these threads when it was being built in the factory.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If they did then bolts cat be torqued to the recommended setting that why they don't use anti seize. You don't want bolts falling off just because they should be easier to remove after 5 year or more.