Suspension, Steering and Brakes Front brake disc size help

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tonygw, Wednesday 25th Mar, 2015.

1. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hi Guys

I am ordering new brake discs and pads for my accord. Please don't shoot me down I am not going for genuine honda as my budget just doesnt stetch far enough but I will be using good branded aftermarket types.

The parts store I use have advised there are two sizes 280mm and 300mm for the accord tourer 2.4 2004 model which I have.
    I called up honda and gave them my chassis number but they were not able to see which size was fitted to my car from my chassis number.

I am not able to get the wheel off to measure them today but need to get them ordered today so am a bit stuck. Is there any other last chance method of determining which size is fitted? without taking the wheel off?

Thanks!!
    Tony

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    300mm for your front car buddy.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Put your registration number into the LingsHondaParts,com website and find the part number. Convert that Lings part number to a Honda part number. Google the Honda part number to get the necessary details and aftermarket equivalents.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Part number 45251-SEA-E30 its retails for £72.50 sure you can get a good deal with HH if you call them plus pads all bundled in.

As best practice I will replace the item 17 also part number 93600060140H, Flat Screw, 6X14. you need four screws.

Item 12 -Discs
    B__2200.

Last edited: Wednesday 25th Mar, 2015
  5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Or let Ichiban do it for you!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish don't have the time to wash my cars let alone work on them.

Zebster likes this.
  7. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    LOL. I meant look up the part numbers.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

LOL I'm ok to do the brakes no worries. to be honest I didnt call HH I called the local Honda dealer... Was quote a tad more than HH price quoted!

Right wheres my phone!

Thanks chaps!! splendid once again!

Ichiban likes this.
  9. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just replaced front pads and discs, Zimmerman discs £67 and black diamond predator pads £50.....big difference on this kit.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of that Zimmerframe :wheelchair: firm before?

11. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Otto Zimmermann Bremsscheiben GmbH -

vmostly high perfomance brakes but they doing standart as well, always using them as they are very good.....similar to brembo or EBC but not so expensive...

12. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Well all done, used Apec discs and pads 300mm. Think they are good budget set but not so sure, anyway all in for just under £80 (trade discount)
    They feel much better but need a proper bedding in for the next couple of hundred miles so going easy on the brakes for now.

Cheers!