Guides Front Brake Disk and Pad Replacement

Accord 03-08

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 8th Mar, 2014
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: 7th Generation front brake disc and pad change

What pads were those that were already on the car Cliff ?
  3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

They were aftermarket ones, can't remember which brand sorry, Blueprint possibly. The pads were fairly new so they must have been changed not long before I bought the car. But the disk was below the minimum thickness specified by Honda so it had to go. And I always use new pads when I put a new disc on.
    Last edited: Sunday 23rd Dec, 2012
  4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton

Great post, not long done mine with stuff from HH

Spot on and easy to follow info.

Nice one.. :GoodJob:
  5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Feeling embarrassed, Just replaced discs and pads on the front of the CR-V. Consisted of dropping car off paying the money and collecting, Job done.
    Hopefully doing a full wheel arch suspention and caliper detail this weekend as my contribution!
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looking forward to your DIY Bowler if you need CR-V brake diagrams torque setting let me know.
    I have a few DIY threads pending for members so you can join the que,.:Smile: JK

Brake are easy if you know what you are doing :Wink:
  7. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers always good to know where to go for info, have done brakes in the past and was considering doing but with the weather and no Garage, opted for the easier option. My local garage did the job Discs and pads all in £178. Failed to do the detail on the arches also but did give the CR-V a good clean 4 hours worth. Looks the part again.