Suspension, Steering and Brakes front brake torque settings

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Wednesday 1st Apr, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Guys can someone point me in the direction for the front brake caliper and slide pins torque settings , sure I saw it on here somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it!!
    Cheers Pete

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Slider pin bolts from memory are 50Nm.

3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks mate, blimey that is a high torque setting for sliders, thought they might have been half of that!!

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You best let me double check but I'm pretty confident it is 50Nm (does sound high huh).
    - - - Updated - - -
    Here you go :-

front_brakes.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you go Pete why ask for the front take for the whole car.

Vital Brakes Maintenance Information

6. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Many thanks guys, be interesting to see which calipers mine has on it , as it appears from all those diagrams , it looks like I could have a choice of two , one where the slider bolts are the same at 28Nm (have a cap covering them) or two, where the pins are different and the bolts for those are at 50Nm.
    Cheers Pete

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You car is a CL7 so look for the disc with 280mm front discs.

8. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Will do thanks again mate.
    Cheers Pete

9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    2 white knuckles :Tongue:

10. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Stripped the front brakes down today, hardest part was getting the damn road wheels off , rusted on like a goodun, had to use a block of wood and hammer to bang round the wheels , got to say don't like doing this with alloys wheels, even tried loosening the wheels nuts sufficiently to move the car back and forth whilst slamming the brakes on to try and free them, but weren't having any of it, but at least banging them eventually got 'em off!! , slider pins looked like they'd never seen any grease!!, anyway all cleaned up , including disc hub and inner wheels and pins greased etc ( mine turned out to be the callipers where the pins are torqued up to 28Nm) and hopefully brakes will be a bit more free to move than they were!! Incidentally my pads had what looked like the word ' Pac' and a part number any one heard of these?
    Cheers Pete

Last edited: Saturday 4th Apr, 2015