General front Bumper removal help 8th Generation tourer

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by pauljdh, Thursday 25th Jun, 2015.

1. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    Wondered if theres' a member in my locale (Belper, DE56) who could help me with a front bumper cover removal? I want to put my HID kit in before winter and at the same time put some new mains, fogs and side bulbs in too.

Lots of coffee, beer, bacon sandwiches etc!

Im told its an easy job but I'd be happier having someone around who has done it before.

Obviously if you can't get to me, I can come to you?

Thanks everyone

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Check the members map @pauljdh, there's quit a few people in nearby Derby.

See if you know any of the ones showing up in Derby.

3. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks SpeedyGee, I wasn't aware you could do that!
    Paul

tomwillie likes this.
  4. AaKoo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Front bumper removal is quite easy if you have a somebody to help you. It`s a lot harder to it by yourself when you have to pull it off.

5. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks AaKoo, thats why I was asking, no joy yet tho.
    Thanks

6. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Peter Bradford
    Just to put my nose in, following Acura TSX video on You Tube is very helpful and accurate.
    I was unsure at first but it was very simple to do and I have done it twice now.

I did it too to put HID's, LED Fogs and sidelights in.
    IMO the bumper was the easiest bit as locating the ballast underneath the lights and drilling a hole into the light cover seems a little more drastic to me at first.

Only bits of advise if done by yourself :

I placed a spare piece of carpet under the bumper just to prevent any damage once off, it is also nice to lay on when taking the plugs underneath off.
    There is also an additional screw either side on the wheel arch if it is a GT version.
    The only firmly secure areas of the bumper that pops off are on the inside, under the front lights (upside down V areas) Just keep 'jerking' the sides forward and it pops off
    Remember to disconnect any wires before removing bumper (fogs)

I would personally give it a try, just take your time and remember what you have done (as refit is obviously reversal).

Peter

7. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks Peter, think Ill give it a go. you give me confidence! Nows the weather to do it before its cold and wet! Just out of interest what bulbs etc did you go for and are you happy? Thanks, paul

8. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Peter Bradford
    Hi Paul,

I bought the below 6000k versions (PS - put 'M5board' in the promotional discount area for 10% off, if it still works)

H1 35w XENON HID GAS DISCHARGE CONVERSION KIT - SLIM Buy Online

The fogs I got off eBay and they were the CREE LED style ones.

The 501 sidelights, I believe I went for the 25LED ones

Very happy with the results and all is well.
    People state they will pass the MOT with no problems, mine is yet to have once since I fitted them (Due in September).

One other bit of advise is to take the laptop out with you to the car so you can watch and pause the Acura TSX front bumper video.
    just to confirm, I have added a link below :

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

Peter

mcgowanp likes this.
  9. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    It's very easy. I took me about 10 min to do today. And I was being careful. You have one screw in each wheel arch and then you have about 20 or so plastic clips. And then you just pull towards you self.

SpeedyGee likes this.