Body, Paint & Styling Front bumper removal - How-to

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nelf, Friday 9th May, 2014.

1. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Sheffield
    Hi guys,

I'm looking at replacing my dipped bulbs and saw that someone on here mentioned removing the bumper is easier than going in through the arch - I searched but couldn't find a how-to but then came across this - DIY: Front Bumper Removal - AcuraZine Community

Am I right in thinking the TSX (on the whole) is the same car as our UK accord?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've done a guide for the 7th Generation .. Front Fog Light Replacement • Honda Karma

The process is rather similar to the 7th Generation and yes that Acura guide looks like it will largely be similar to the 8th Generation (there maybe a few subtle differences though).

If you're going to do it, would you be so kind to take some pictures and post up a guide Nelf ?

3. Blue Toffee Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will be removing my bumper in the coming weeks to fit new fogs, HIDs and led dipped beam so when I do I will try and remember to take pictures too

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Blue Toffee,
    No need for bumper removal for led dipped beams and fog light replacement. You can very easily replace side lights from under the hood. And fog light bulb can be reached from underneath. Just remove the clips and pull away the front fender.
    For HID conversion.... theoretically also no need for bumper removal (and I did it without removal!). But that will indeed be easier with bumper removed.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    In my opinion, the bumper doesn't take long at all to remove, so if it makes a job easier to do you may as well go ahead and remove it.

6. Blue Toffee Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes I think to save the skin on my knuckles I will remove the bumper, if its as easy as the rear bumper removal it shouldn't take more that 15 mins.

7. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Real easy to remove bumper 20 mins max just take your time ,I took mine of to replace headlight bulbs .

Blue Toffee likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Also, cover the ground below the bumper with something soft, or you risk scratching it.