ICE & HFT Front door speakers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by JTG, Sunday 28th Dec, 2014.

1. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Hi, just a quick question that I haven't been able to find an answer for elsewhere.

Are the front door speakers the same in the Exec (Premium sound system) as they are in other models (Type-S, I-CTDI etc)?

My driver side speaker has popped so I am looking to replace it but sourcing a like for like speaker is proving a little tricky.

I've only just bought the car and upgrading the ICE is well down on my list at the moment.

On a side note if anyone has a spare standard front door speaker from an exec laying around that they don't want I'll happily buy it from you.

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    JTG likes this.
  3. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Thanks for the link, that's very helpful.

I've been a avid user of a car forum before and know how annoying it is when people don't search prior to asking, I genuinely couldn't find that information. Probably doesn't help that I only seem to use my phone these days.
    Thanks again.

4. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    I'm still struggling with this, I assume the front speakers in the Exec are the Pioneer ones, but do you know if that's the same case with the 2.2 I-CTDI? The only speakers I can find seem to be out of the diseasel and they don't state Honda part number, or even manufacturer.

May have to resort to local scrappies soon.

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    What year and exact model is your car mate as this can also determine which manufacturer of speaker is likely to be in yours
    Cheers Pete

6. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    It's an 04 2.4 Exec.

I'm leaning towards getting an aftermarket pair now to be fair as I've just seen how easy it is to remove the door cards and sourcing a like for like replacement is proving to be a bit of a ball ache.

7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I would put a quick call into HH myself and see if they could advise further as to exactly which speakers are right. The speakers are easy to remove, as is the door card, definetely a nice easy upgrade you could do yourself if you did decide to go aftermarket. If memory serves right, the speakers are connected using OEM connecting blocks but that would just then be a matter of cutting them off and putting on some spade connectors.

8. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Yours should be the pioneer ones , after market ones would be a way to go, however would be worth whipping that door card off to see if this one is a match baring in mind to buy from Honda is £80 +
    Cheers Pete

9. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Yes there are a couple of that type of speaker on eBay but none actually state what they are or whether they were from the front or rear doors. I was trying to avoid taking off the door card until I actually had a replacement because in my mind, the more times I take things like that apart, the more likely I am to develop an OCD crippling rattle haha. But having seen how easy they are to do I'm less concerned.

Definitely thinking an aftermarket pair are the way forward, which no doubt will be the start of a very slippery slope.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Any recommendations for coaxial door speakers? Is there much depth to play with in the Accord doors?

10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    If it were me, I would take the door card off, remove the speaker - total of 15 mins maximum, and double check the depth. That way you will know for sure for yourself and would be able to order the correct aftermarket based on your own findings.

I had mine out a while back when I soundproofed my doors, the doors are now like one big bass box, its great. Those stock speakers carry a fair bit of punch for being OEM.

11. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
  12. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Ahh the voice of wisdom. No buying speakers blind and then having them protrude through where the grill would normally go for you then :Wink:

They do, don't they. That's why I wasn't too bothered about getting aftermarket ones initially but the more I think about it, the more I just want to get a pair. Although for some reason, when I use the aux via my xcarlink, I lose that punch. Didn't have that problem with my Jazz.