Body, Paint & Styling Front end needed!!!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by pindi2000, Tuesday 26th Jan, 2016.

1. pindi2000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Nick Sing Leicester
    So to cut a really long story short, I need a new front end.
    I have seen some type-s's breaking on ebay and just wondered if the front bumper, bonnet, grill from an estate would fit a saloon?
    Before I buy it (and it not potentially fitting), i'd rather check with you guys first

IMG-20160122-WA0003.

DSC_0245.

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Looks like a write off to me, what's its book value ?

3. pindi2000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tis a write off, but I got it back. Looks worse than it is, only cosmetic damage. Got it MOTd and only failed on missing bumper (obvs) misaligned headlights, and a worn brake pad. All easily remedied.

However, I still need to source parts for this and can only find estates which match the Type-S spec. So just need to know if both are the same size/dimension parts?

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Ok I now see where your going, I suppose if you've got the time and the space it isn't a problems as eventually the parts will turn up. Or find a good body and swap mechanicals.
    Write a new post on here parts wanted with as much info re year model etc and you never know.
    Also I've used breakers yard.com. you tell them all the details and they search all UK yards who email you with prices etc. I got a good deal on some hard to find rover 827 parts ( almost Honda ) so I know it works.

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    oh dear. .shame about the damage. Give it a few hours one of our resident experts will be able to answer your query for sure.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think you can fit the grill and bumper from an Tourer onto a Saloon.

Can someone else confirm this ?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Petrol bumpers don't have intercooler ducting to divert cold air to the intercooler. so it will fit but you will lose power. Get a diesel bumper off a like for like car.

8. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    Last edited: Wednesday 27th Jan, 2016
  9. pindi2000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeh, mines is a type-s 2.4 petrol 2004.

The car im looking taking the parts from is also a 2003 typs-s petrol 2.4

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

10. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    2004 2.4 Type-S saloon https://www.lingshondaparts.com/hon...1&block_02=B__4600&block_03=2858&block_05=hcr

2003 2.4 Type-S Tourer https://www.lingshondaparts.com/hon...01&block_02=B__4600&block_03=449&block_05=hcr

many of the bumper part numbers as same as the diesel

If you ever want to check any other donor parts for yourself, start here https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

If you use "choose by model" on the right, you can find the drawings you're interested in comparing.
    Part numbers will initially begin with "PFKL" which are not Honda numbers, but if you remove "_pfk" from the URL of a page with part numbers, the page then displays proper Honda numbers.

11. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    I really believe you can use the front bits from a tourer (CM2 CM3) on a sedan/saloon (CL7/CL9). Just be wary of the Facelift on Pre-FL vice versa as that will cause some issues if you change only certain bits.

jimjams and pindi2000 like this.