Electrical & Lights Front Fog Lamp Relay issues - Relay Location?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nauest, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Hi Everyone,

I have a weird fault with my Accord where the fog lamps don't work, I have checked the following:

- Bulbs ok
    - Earths to bulbs ok
    - Fuses ok
    - Light on dashboard indicating fog lights on

I don't know what else to check without looking in detail at wiring diagrams. Anyone have any ideas where my problem is?

2. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    What I have read elsewhere suggests this could be a relay problem, but I don't know where the relay is? Can someone advise?

3. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have you got a digital multimeter? Might be worth checking if there's any juice flowing to the plug when you turn the fogs on.

I've got a similar issue with my N/S fog light. I think someone butchered the wiring at some point as part of it is heavily covered in electrical tape and what I think is a bullet connector, so I'll have to take the bumper off and see what's going on. :Frown:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Relays and fuses are in the engine bay btw, just behind the air filter box. There might be some more in the car but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm this.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The relay IIRC is behind the front bumper on the inner leg where all the earth and ground wires meet.

nauest and Galgo like this.
  5. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Not been able to find it, can you be any more specific?

6. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Quick bump for this, still no luck!

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have dropped the front bumper and looked at the location that @Ichiban suggested ?

8. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Just to let you know I have fixed this problem, managed to get it out and back in without removing the bumper, just the wheel arch plastic. Relay had a corroded wire on the inside, so rewound the electromagnet and put it back in and we are go!