Body, Paint & Styling Front Grille

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Tuesday 20th Mar, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quite simply, can the chrome effect be removed and be painted black to match the bonnet/bumper?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah it sure can it been done on the 7th Generation , the biggest task is to de-chrome it and then then prepare for the paint job. You will find stripping the chrome will take a lot of time.

If you plan to take the grill off from the car and your LKAS system doesn't work it will mean a trip to a Honda dealer to realign it. and that is a BIG job tripod stands tool, measurements,aiming of the camera, calibration.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah, I won't do it myself. No way. I'd happily pay the extra so Honda can do it.

Still irks me that the sport grille doesnt fit with ADAS...sigh!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda don't want owners and dealer messing with the millimetre radar it is expensive and then there is the fact dealer have order the tripods from Honda set it up , it is a big job it not that straight forward.

It the same route they have taken with the Tourer tailgate struts from the 7th Generation from being hidden in the roof lining to be exposed and easy to get to.

The 7th Generation IVES or in-car entertainment which was roof mounted and needed half the dash out. It now a simple plug into the back seat and independently operated. The car ECU from the inside of the dash has gone into the engine.

Honda have now started to simplify installation and stop dealer and owners making mistakes.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep I can believe that. I was crapping myself when the new bumper was being fitted as I was half convinced that the ADAS stuff wouldn't work ever again!

(But it does work and flawlessly too!)

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Valid point but your grill was left as it was just removed the harness cable and its done

so when you are sanding down the strip don't go giddy around the millmeter radar or even remove it from the grill.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would take ADAS over sports grille any day but i must admit car does look nicer with sports grille.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gonna see a dealer about it first. Absolutely no chance in hell I will molest/ruin it.

Only thing I would be tempted to do is carbon wrap it etc but even then, I'm not a fan of this needless carbonised look that some people go mad about. :Tongue:

Totally agree about the look of the sports grille. Guess you can't have everything!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Carbonfiber wrap give you extra 20 BHP go for it..lol

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LMAO

don't need the extra BHP it offers - it was a glancing thought to darken the grille without risking too much damage.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Maybe remapping your radar will zap all the cars in front ?

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If only it were that simple! Probably easier than colour-coding the grille thats for sure!