Body, Paint & Styling Front LH grill surround or 'garnesh' as its called.

Discussion in '1st Generation (1976-1981)' started by The Writer, Saturday 12th Sep, 2015.

1. The Writer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi - not sure how these thread things work so bear with me but the first problem I encountered on my purchase was that the LH passenger side chrome finisher securing tab at the bottom was broken - the one that curves round the headlamp - someone obviously a bit ham fisted in its earlier life. Anyway I'm looking to find a good replacement - can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Karl

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello Karl,
    We need a more information before we can help and this is the wrong section, but it can be rectified.
    1. It is customary to tell us a little about yourself in the 'Introduce Yourself' section
    2. Please add your Honda to the Club Garage so we know which model you are referring to. A more detailed guide on how to do this is here.
    3. Once this is done, I, or one of the staff can move this thread to the correct section.

4. The Writer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

One can be awfully thick at times!! Honda Accord 1st Generation I should have stated. The small tag at the bottom where the securing screw goes through is snapped off. The trim is currently held by a rather iffy plastic clip at the side and the chrome finisher that runs along the lower part of the grill. Dreading it falling off.
    Cheers!

5. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    mmmmmmmmmmm could this be a green saloon?????:Grin:

6. The Writer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

of course it could!

HondaHeritage likes this.
  7. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    excellent !!!
    welcome to the forum
    woukd be nice to see the car out and about again as you probably are aware its been a welcome visitor at one of my events in kent last year
    im sure the missing item wil appear on this site for you soon:Wink:
    i have a large stock of 1st Generation Civic parts but i do have odds and ends for other early models i shall look at what i have
    regards
    slim

8. The Writer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Slim - That would be a help if you found one! Trying hard to establish the full history of the car right the way back to when it arrived here, plus I'm trying to find out if there is a local club meet to where I am. Am finding the steering (non power) a bit odd with a weird feel to the centre position, but then I've been spoilt with slightly more modern classics!
    Cheers and thanks for the welcome!
    Karl

9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi karl
    good news for you ! one new old stock headlight garnish located for you !
    fellow 1st Generation accord owner cj on this very forum has one and will be in contact with you latter .he is very knowledgable on these early models
    there is a very small community of us 1st Generation honda,s in the uk
    i personally am based in london but reach out all over the uk to get 1st Generation honda owners together and arrange bespoke meetings for owner to display their car

regards
    slim

Ichiban and Nels like this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thread moved. With @tviracing on board with this one, you've got a 1st class guru.
    There you go, he's sorted this out whilst I was typing!
    - - - Updated - - -
    @The Writer thank you for adding you 1st Generation the Club Garage.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Karl glad to you have you on board, I will drop you a PM (Personal Message) for the headlight bezels.Like you I too want to add Battery and oil pressure gauge to my car we will have to compare notes :Wink:

12. The Writer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Slim -
    That is brilliant! I will await CJ's call or email. This is really appreciated and thank you. From what I gather there are only a few of these cars left - about 12??
    Cheers
    Karl

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

14. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi karl
    i think you may alreadty have a couple of private messages in your imbox:Wink:
    yes these are quite a rare car i personally never go by the DVLA records totally inaccurate i think there will be quite a few more "discoveries" over the years and as nels simple little digging on this forum alone has uncovered a few

excellent imput sir !!

Nels likes this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My pleasure. :Hey:

It's just great to see this SJ back in the club.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have sent you an PM buddy check your inbox, see this guide How to send a Private Message (PM) same principle to check for new messages.

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Good to see @accordheritage's car made it back to the forum, welcome buddy.

Did he ever get around to sorting out the fluids from Brands Hatch? :Whistle: We all had a big debate on that one :Laughing:

18. The Writer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Chaps - Sorry for lack of immediate responses but I'm not always on the old PC hence large gaps in getting back to you. Must say I appreciate all the help and welcomes from you all - must get a later photo put on, I'm looking a bit more careworn and older than that one shows - anyway as regards fluids - Hmmmm! Going to start from scratch and replace all fluids and filters coolant etc so I can be sure everything is as it should be. Certainly gets some interest from people when its parked up. Caught a crab yesterday with a chap who kept me for half an hours as he waxed lyrical about the good old days when cars were cars and you could recognise them, Bless him. Status reports will follow. As said before, good to meet you all and I have to admit some of the newer Hondas you guys have are certainly the Bee-knees!!
    Cheers
    Karl

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Karl I am sure after a proper service your car will perform flawlessly, you have already spotted the known issues with the car and sure you are determined to get them addressed. As my previous offer stands if you need any assistance let me know I will pop down and assist. :Hey: