Body, Paint & Styling Front N/S Door will not open . 2007 Sport Tourer.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nigel54321, Saturday 7th Dec, 2013.

1. nigel54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

About 2 Weeks ago the N/S Front door opening mechanism stopped working when I went to open the car doors using the remote key.I have tried to open it manually but am getting no where . I can hear something happening from inside the door panel . I need to get the door panel off , but not being able to open it is making it difficult. I live nr Solihull and am happy to pay if anyone can help me.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    So you pull the lock pin up from inside and then try opening the door but it doesnt open ?

3. nigel54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello yes I have pulled the pin up , nothing. Undid the pin and put it back on , still nothing. I need to get the panel off to find out what has happened . But not being able to open the door restricts acess to it.

Have you had the same problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

Some one must know of a place I can take the car to get it sorted. Any Idea's please.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    So do you think the problem is the door is not unlocking or the handles are not working?

5. nigel54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The problem is the door locking mechanism something has come loose . It will not open from the remote on key, Handle on outside or inside.

6. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I am not familiar with your car but there has to be a way to remove the door panel even if it is closed, if you slide the seat back you may be able to gain access even if it is limited to allow you to open the door. if have a manual check it for removing door panel most probably be quite simple as most cars are :Search:

7. nigel54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone know of a place that could fix this for me at a reasonable cost. In the Birmingham area ?

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry Nigel, no one trusty or capable is coming to mind.

I can't imagine poking a bent coat hunger into the door will do anything.

One thing you could try is take off the door card off the opposite door that is working normally and then have a look around and try and work out how to open the one that is stuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively perhaps removing the passenger seat and then removing as much of the door card as possible (you won't be able to get it all off), should be able to get enough off to put and hand in and try and tug on the linkages to try and unlock the door.