Service & Maintenance Front off side clicking noise whilst breaking

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by david seale, Wednesday 25th Mar, 2015.

1. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    hi all I have recently had front brake pads, link arms lower ball joint and top wish bone/ball joint replaced on my 6th generation accord.
    It has since developed a clicking noise which is more noticeable under breaking .
    I have done the usual driving slowly in circles to see if CV joints a making a noise but seem ok.
    I do have bearing rumble at min but sounds more like rear .
    Any ideas cheers dave

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Could still be the inner CV joint.

Does the frequency of the clicking relate to road speed?

3. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    I mainly hear it at low speed and decreases as I slow down seems to be a clicking noise every half turn of the wheel roughly when breaking

4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would say jack up the car and check that first off that the discs have been fitted correctly and that no stones have become caught in the brakes and also while there check to see if any of the CV joints have split or are leaking grease. Not to mention rotating the wheels to see if you can hear any noise.

5. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    I have managed this weekend to check discs pads CV boots etc all seem fine.
    When rotating the wheels don't seem to hear the clicking/cracking noise either.
    This noise seems more prominent when braking gently at low speeds and sound the same if driving straight or into a corner..
    I am thinking of biting the bullet and ordering an outer CV joint but not sure whether to consider wheel bearings too

Harvey likes this.
  6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

only considering getting the bearings done, if they feel rough or notchy, and bearings will generally give a whine that gets louder or more noticable with speed.

7. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    I've got it booked in for wheel bearing and outer CV joint decided to bite the bullet my mechanic is pretty good will only fit items required.
    Just got to wait for him to return from his holiday.

Harvey likes this.
  8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well at least you have a good mechanic looking at it. He'll give you a good prognosis.

9. Codey56 New Member Getting Started

United States Codey Findlay
    Hey David. Did you figure out what the problem was? I am currently experiencing this noise also.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    If its clicking when braking it could be something as simple as the slider pins being inserted in the wrong socket, the two pins on each caliper go in their specific socket, one has a notch or something can't remember exactly what, which if you put in the wrong socket itw ill click when brakes are applied.