Electrical & Lights Front Parking sensor keeps beeping

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micks_address, Wednesday 18th Jun, 2014.

1. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Folks,

Front parking sensor on my 2009 EX is over sensitve.. beeps a lot even when there is no traffic or obstacles in front.. to the point that i often disable the parking sensors using the switch... Its a bad strategy though cause sometimes i forget they are off when reversing and wait for the beep... only to realise just in time i have them switched off!

Could the sensor be faulty and how would would a replacement cost?

Cheers,
    Mick

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Mick,

There are two ways of solving this problem . First identify which of the front sensors is\are the offending ones, then unplug the wire harness to the sensor clean and reinsert securely.Whilst you are doing that inspect for rust and corrosion on the sensor body, any hint of corrosion then the sensor is faulty and will need changing, there is no two way about it.

A new sensor is 250 quid plus labour, so if you have warranty use it otherwise you pick up the bill for some shoddy sensors made by Bosch.

3. Dzhedaj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got the same issue as well with the front right sensor. Haven't gotten to removing it, as it seems quite a bit of pieces of bodywork need to go away, before I can reach it.
    The workaround (so you don't have to disable the sensors and run into something later) - when it starts doing that - pull the handbrake up slightly for less than a second and the beeping goes away.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had mine replaced not so long ago and was happy to report these sensors were Japanese made . This has fixed the constant buzzing .They are colour coded and they have the paint code stamped and for the geeks you can scan the QR code . image.
    image. image.

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good old Denso.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had an intermittent fault on my CU1 the rear sensors would come on and beep continuously. Then they'd work fine for a bit. Then the fault would occur again. It rectified itself in the end. :Unknown:

Was gonna reset the system but never got round to it.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sure is ...no Bish bosh Bosch

John Dickson likes this.
  8. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can I ask - how much were the sensors?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They retail for 250 quid each mine were replaced under warranty. So you have two grands worth of sensors on each car :Blink:

10. Oilburner26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Surrey
    I use to have trouble with the front sensors going of, it was more noticeable if the car had been standing for a couple of week in damp weather or rain, after a bit of a run they eventually worked as normal so I believe this is more likely simply down to a connections problem I personally never got down to investigating.

May be of interest I had similar problem with sat nav saying disc error, this again was if the car had not been used for short time, my cure was remove the sat nav disc then re-boot the system without disc switch off then insert the sat nav disc again it worked ever time, I also noted at the time the disc was spotless after removing some did not want cleaning, hope this helps others with these occasional problems.