Electrical & Lights Front Passenger Window Not going all the way down

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by RogerH69, Saturday 6th Jun, 2015.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Not sure that category this would fall under, so as they're electric windows, I chose Electrical & Lights.

Anyway.... I honestly can't remember if it's always been like this (I don;t think so) but my front passenger windows does not go all the way down. It stops with about 1.5 to 2 inches still showing. Is this normal ? The driver side window goes all the way down.

It doesn't sound like it's knocking anything on the way down.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Should go all the way down buddy, you need to take the door car and have look inside. Could be as simple the guide rubber having come out of place and got squashed, stopping the window from going down any further.

RogerH69 and Nighthawk like this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Its quite possible the rubber were knocked out of its runner when they fitted the sound proofing - take the door card off and have a look. Its a pretty simple mechanism to work out how it works

RogerH69 likes this.
  4. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the replies. The issue started before I got the sound proofing installed though. I'll have a look when my speaker upgrade kit arrives.

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I discovered today that the window is now going all the way down. I guess Oxford Car Audio did something that fixed the issue - whether intentionally / unintentionally doesn't really matter, though it would have been good to know what the cause was.

SpeedyGee likes this.