ICE & HFT Front speakers stoped working possible blown fuse.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Racy Jace, Monday 28th Mar, 2016.

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This could be down to the 2ohm jbl speakers that were a temperary measure and were going to be replaced anyway so this is a good lesson for people to learn if it does turn out to be the culprit.

The stereo has been fine and not driven hard with the volume kept low. It was working fine yesterday then this morning on start up there was no sound.

Is there a possible fuse for the amp or stereo that could have blown? If anyone knows where or what I should be looking for I'll check it out when we get home.

2. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    Did you have the amp volume on 11 ?
    Racy Jace likes this.
  3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol. Not quite. I'm guess that's a spinal tap reference.

I'm not sure if the uk CR-V has a seperate amp or if that's just the American model. I don't know when I'm going to get this sorted as I need an emergancy dentist first thing in the morning.

I'm not sure
  4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I put the original speakers back in and everything's working again. I tested the 2ohm jbl speakers and they both work fine too. I'm not sure why after a week the car decided to protect it self. Strange.

I just need to decide on speakers now.