Suspension, Steering and Brakes Front Suspension Bushes

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by bigjoe, Friday 3rd Jan, 2014.

1. bigjoe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I reckon my FR-V is going to start wanting a refresh on the suspension in the near future.

Has anyone a list of the suspension bushes available for the FR-V (how many on each side, location etc)

And is there a better replacement than standard rubber bushes, maybe powerflex etc.

I find that the steering is a little vague around the centre and wondered that these might help stiffen everything back up.

Maybe Ichiban has a diagram of what can and can't be repalced at the front!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    which year is your FR-V fella.

3. bigjoe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a 2.2ictd 2006 Sport mate

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ok I will knock something up shortly.

PS can you please update the year in your profile. Ta

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you go this the front suspension image

B__2701.

For part number and prices use this Link Honda FR-V 2006 2.2 SE-S KNUCKLE (DIESEL)

Those are full retail price best give Holdcroft a ring for your club discount .. that is if you want to use genuine parts.

6. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I was going to replace bushes on a car once, after I got them I realised that it was far easier to replace the unit :Wink: as you need special tools to do the bushes and it just aint worth the hassle and saves time when you have done the whole unit :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Provided you are going for the real thing , if you go for pattern parts the metal will be lighter than the genuine one.. take the 7th Generation lower arms are heavy the pattern one are feather weight.. its easier to change the perishable part.

For a keen DIYer the sense of replacing the whole part is easier as you said but its false economy TBH when the bushes cost not a lot. I would buy a table vice and the tool to make the job easier.

8. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

at least when you replace the unit, the time for removing and replacement is all the time needed and it is as new. :Hey:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is true if you running a business an DIyer has no race to win take your time do it right.. I am digging my heels in now round two ding ding..:Whoosh:

10. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I don't have time to beat about the bushes so it a new unit for me :Happy::Happy:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOL your time must be more valuable than money.

12. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

time costs me money so I get annoyed if I lose money by wasting time :Wink:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well you can afford to spend a little it after your recently windfall in windy conditions..LOL