Aftermarket Kit Front wind deflectors

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Saturday 6th Aug, 2016.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just picked up these from Ebay and put them on, which helps deflect the wind from the cabin, makes the car look abit better as well.

Only downside is that the Team Heko rear deflectors do not fit, as the listing was for Accord Sedan, and I thought that the rear doors on the hatchback where the same as those on the saloon, it appears that they are indeed different. So at the moment had a rear set of deflectors I can't use, with the only other company I know that does them being nearly £50 for a set (climair) 20160806_182107. 20160806_204029.

Chunkylover53, exec, k20a3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Does it help with wind noise when driving? :Smile:

Harvey likes this.
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It does a little bit, but it's more of a comfort thing as you don't get as much buffering when the window is open.

Fiskekutteren likes this.
  4. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Sounds good. :Smile:

Harvey likes this.
  5. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looking very Nice Harvey :Smile: Sets the car off a treat. She's looking great !

Harvey likes this.
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking good mate.

A car parked next to me had them on this afternoon and the quality is so mutch better than the ones I bought.

Have you noticed an increase in wind noise at all when the windows are up? I'm sure my 8th Generation did but I may have to get some of these again as they look cool.

Harvey likes this.
  7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Racy Jace to be honest mate, not really, unless its a really windy day and your heading into the wind, but you get wind noise from that anyway. Heko ones seem to be the most popular, but they don't do a rear set of the hatchback variant of mine on the the saloon, but Climair do, they are just expensive. Tp be honest though the Heko ones are not bad quality even if they are made in Poland.

Racy Jace likes this.
  8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just becareful they don't fall out. I always though the doors were same too on hatch and saloon, I guess the door trim i took of ahatch won't fit on mine then too!

Harvey likes this.
  9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think they will mate, they push into the grooves of the window frame where the glass goes, and you have to bend them to get them in, don't think they will be coming out any time soon.

It depends on what trim piece it is. anything below the glass seems to be the same, as is the the B pillar trim. I'll have to check part numbers mind, if the glass is a different part number from a saloon to a hatch, then it would mean the doors are different, or at least the upper frames and glass is.

Fiskekutteren likes this.
  10. 1066Boy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got the Team Heko ones on my Type-S GT, one of the best mods I have done. :Thumbup:

Harvey likes this.
  11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

awesome and they are good quality as well

12. 1066Boy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I like them. :Wink:
    Suzuki%20Jimny%20025.

Harvey likes this.
  13. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have just checked the part numbers for the glass from Saloon to hatchback and they are different!

Hatchback -73400S1CE00
    Saloon -73400S1AE00

So I would imagine that the rear quarters are different as well, but the door and b piller trim are the same

exec likes this.
  14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I'm gonna assume the hatchback door is slightly smaller then. If that mid to rear is diff, I'm wondering whether rear cluster light I took off my dads old Accord hatch is gonna fit mine now!

15. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rear cluster light? I assume the tail lights? Good point as I wanna replace one of mine as it's cracked

You could always check the part numbers on lings, against your reg and mine (being a hatch)

16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Yep, one of mine has hairline crack on it too.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Looks like they are the same on hatch and saloons. :Niceone:

33501S1AE02
    33501S1AE02
    33551S1AE02
    33551S1AE02

Harvey likes this.