Electrical & Lights Front Windscreen Squirter Problem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NeilY, Friday 27th Jun, 2014.

1. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Hi anyone got a labeled diagram of the fuse boxes in a 2006 ctdi 2.2 tourer ?

The reason I'm asking is that my front windscreen washer has stopped working & I suspect it could b a blown fuse, but I don't know which one it is !

I know it could possibly be a problem with the sqirter pump but thought it better to check the fuse first.

Any info would be great fully received guys

Cheers

Neil

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do you hear the pump whiring when you pull the stalks. mate for the fuse remove the fuse cover you will find a sticker on the inside with pictures you will find it.

3. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Hi m8 thanks for replying :Smile: there is no sound when u pull back the stalk, so I'm thinking it's either the fuse or the motor.

Which fuse box is the fuse for the washer in ? The one under the bonnet or the one inside the car ?

I'm afraid it's a bit difficult for me to look at the mo as I've had a major back operation & am unable to check it myself, so having to get my mrs to look.

She is pretty good with car stuff so hopefully will be able to use your info pretty well.

Thanks for your help

Neil

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah the fuse cover is where you pull the bonnet catch you will see it there.OOH back operation you take it easy ,get your better half to do it as it is awkward to get at.

5. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Will get her to take a look tomorrow buddy thanks

Neil

Ps boot not shutting problem also sorted now, read the info on here & as I was checking over found that manual handle by the number plate had rusted up :-/ got some penetrating oil into it & got it loose & then sprayed some lithium grease into it & hey presto the automated lock started working again.

Happy days :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff bud, see all these handy tips coming to your help:Niceone:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Windscreen washer fuse on 2004 I-CDTI saloon is no. 20, inside the car.

8. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Niels it's a 2006 CTDI Estate, is it in the same place ?

Cheers

Neil

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I cannot say 100%.
    My handbook covers both saloon and tourer and is 2004.
    Since the 2006 is the facelift, and not a new gen, I would think they would be the same.
    When you remove the fuse box cover, there is a diagram on the inside.
    If you are unable to bend, your better half could pass the cover to you to check.
    If you've got a handbook, the information is also in there.

(The petrol car fuse layout is different)

10. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Looks like it the motor guys, my bro is gonna pull it out tomorrow & check it out :Smile:

11. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Hi chaps, update on the washer is that it is knackered, my brother took both motors out & we tested the wiring to make sure we were getting voltage at the terminals.

This was fine so we then checked both motors by using a 12v battery & wiring it to the motors one at a time & sure enough the one for the front windscreen was totally seized !!

Just a note to all u guys out there, beware of breakers yards & cars being broken on eBay etc.

The reason I say this is that I found a car like mine being broken on eBay & contacted the guy to see how much the windscreen washer pump would b & he came back with £35 plus p&p.

I said I thought that was a bit steep & he came back saying "good luck finding one for less". So I contacted my local parts supplier, who I will give a little plug as they were really helpfull as always (VKM autospares

12. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Oops sorry guys :-- I will continue

VKM auto spares in burgess hill in West Sussex.

They had a motor, which they tell me they keep as a stock item & and the price was, wait for it - £11.20 :Smile:

So up yours me ebay breaker !!!!!!

All fitted now & working great

So thanks all for your input, another job sorted, so I'm happy again.

Until the next Tim cheers all

Neil

Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  15. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    Did you send a link to the cheaper part to the eBay breaker? :Messed:

16. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    Good for you. Do VKM major on Honda spares or were you lucky that they had the part you were looking for ?

17. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    They have spares & can get parts for loads of cars :Smile: was lucky with the pump though.

They r very reasonable price wise & generally a top bunch of blokes.

18. NeilY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neil Burgess hill
    Hi crispy sorry for the delay.

No I didn't get back to the breaker guy as he was pretty abrupt & rude so couldn't b arsed to talk to him again !!