Body, Paint & Styling Fuel Filler Flap

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by George3001, Friday 3rd Apr, 2015.

1. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom George Stewarton
    I have just bought a 2009 Accord Tourer EX-GT and was wanting to know are there any issues with the fuel filler flap? My understanding is that you just push the flap and it should spring open. I have to press at different points until it eventually releases but not very handy when there is a queue at the pump.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There isn't a massive springy action it's just the gentle pop out but check the rubber boot inside the flap and see if that is moving?

3. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The boot seems to be moving ok. Is there maybe a way the boot can be opened up slightly to oil the pin inside?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    IIRC the early 8th Generation had this issue and there was product update to fix this, I am sure all of them were applied if your car a UK spec car?

Has it had full dealer service.?

5. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes it is a UK car and has dealer service history. Do you think I should contact the dealer to solve this as I have a years Honda warranty with it?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well get them to check it out ,the rubber boot and the release mechanism was changed to minimise the symptoms you are facing.So a trip to the dealer is required its a easy fix with 20 minutes of part swapping.

7. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that. I will do and it is really appreciated.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP please keep us posted on what happens so we know what the fix was , most likely your car never got the revised release mechanism installed.

9. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry for the delay in posting this. Pleased to say the release mechanism was replaced free of charge.

Ichiban and Nels like this.