Guides Fuel Filter Change (Denso, Facelift i-CTDI)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Friday 24th Aug, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You need special tool like the fuel filter wrench but I have seen these filter being held in vices and then using 16-20 inch groove lock pilers for easy removal.

Fuel filter wrench 070AA-RMAC100.JPG

First Remove the air cleaner, not necessary but if you have huge hands and don't have pneumatic tools you will need to remove it.Then disconnect the connectors and the hand clips.

Remove the bolts (A).
    Remove the fuel filter bracket (B).
    denso fuel filter replace cn1 cn2 i-ctdi.JPG

Set the fuel filter (A) to the vice. Honda have a special fuel filter wrench . top tip use the groove lock pilers to turn the filter to loosen the filter , even the plastic moulding at bottom can be removed. use cloth around the plastic bung to protect it.

denso fuel filter replace cn1 cn2 i-ctdi 1.JPG

Remove the fuel filter water level switch. (White plastic bung)

Remove the fuel filter.

Install the part in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ring (B).

Can members use this to make a step by step guide with actual photographs.

2. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 25th Feb, 2014
  3. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think its time for the oil/filter change tomorrow....

Last edited: Saturday 15th Sep, 2012
    Ichiban likes this.
  4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Excellent write up. I`m now convinced I have to take it to a dealer or someone who knows what they`re doing. Far too complicated for me

5. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Dave. I did it mainly just because i was curious. It's more awkward and time consuming than anything else. Having the right tools at hand before you start is a must.
    I'm sure others who have carried this out a few times could do it a lot quicker. I'm hoping the write up will promote ideas on how to improve on the method I took.

6. Jon_G Guest

Nice write up. I think it would drive me mad having to keep stopping in order to take the photos!

Dave - it really isn't a tough job and the feeling of achievement afterwards makes it all worthwhile. You'd also know that the job had been done correctly with the right parts. And you'd save a few quid!

7. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ha ha....I will definitely save some time the next time when i don't need to take pictures...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What I love about that DIY is the attention to detail and process and methods are sound as pound, Thanks for sharing your DIY. well done bud.:Thumbup:

9. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that. Is there a tool available that could be used as a cheaper alternative to the Honda tool you referenced in a related thread. Something with which you could be sure your applying the correct torque? Tried a few I had but they were not the best due to slight slippage..

Last edited: Monday 17th Sep, 2012
  10. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Just wanted to say thanks for the write up. Replaced filter yesterday. We would not have done it without this guide.

mcgowanp and Ichiban like this.
  11. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Delighted its helped someone !

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    bump for any facelift I-CTDI owners planning to do a denso fuel filter change. Please upload picture of your DIY in this thread

13. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did one a while back . Should be under fuel filter denso or something like that..

14. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    It's already in the Wiki for 7th Generation and I used it as a reference last time I did mine :GoodJob:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here it is mate http://hondakarma.com/threads/2260/

I will merge the threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    bud do you still have the images for this DIY , due an outage ages ago we lost a few images and this is one such thread..

17. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'd imagine I kept them . I will have a look.

Ok, they should be re-added now. Wasn't able to make them big enough though. Can you do this on your side. If i have missed any that may be useful , let me know and i will dig them out . I have all the images if i need to re-do.

Last edited: Thursday 2nd Jan, 2014