Service & Maintenance Fuel filter change or not

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Thursday 1st Nov, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Have just purchased service parts for full services on both my Accords that includes transmission,clutch and brake fluids at a cost of £296 from HH my current fuel filter on 7th Generation has done 41k and still seems to be going well, i know it says change every 25k any way should i change it or would you leave until if and when it gives me problems. And by the way full service parts for 8th Generation were £50 cheaper than 7th Generation

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup Dave the 8th Generation stuff is cheaper than the 7th Generation just purely as it not in production any more and all manufacturer bump up the price.

8th Generation fuel filter being non metal cartridge type and it uses less engine oil than the I-CTDI, are the two factors why it cheaper.

As for the fuel filter with winter coming and a full of tank will be cold best change the filter for peace of mind and 41K it should be done.

3. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

wouldn't a fuel filter that is clogged more than it should be,potentially cause pressure/damage on other parts.. ?
    Aren't you also potentially chancing a surprise engine stall or a non-start depending on how much contaminants your filter is already dealing with...
    I think just change it out.

4. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Cheers will change as well it was last Feb when filter started playing up and it was cold then cheers changing clutch and brake fluids will this change feel of clutch pedal?? As its perfect for me at moment