Service & Maintenance Fuel filter on I-DTEC

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Monday 17th Feb, 2014.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    I no this been covered numerous times on the 7th Generation but do we need to go down the line of OEM with the 8th Generation I've always used Honda fuel filters on the 7th Generation but the filter looks far less technical on the 8th Generation and i can get a Japanese fuel filter for the 8th Generation at half the price??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The fuel filter for the 8th Generation is not like the throw away cartridge system you got on the 7th Generation. It like a cylindrical paper filter , it looks like the oil filter. I doubt you can get a japanese filter for the 8th Generation they are all sourced within the EU.

I would personally not risk using filters which could potentially cause fueling issues, then you have to do it again for the correct filter .do it once, do it the right and first time round :Wink:

AndyB1976 likes this.
  3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    For sake of £20 I got honda filter cheers

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    deeno did a DIY for the diesel fuel filter so have a look at it if you are doing it yourself.

5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Not a chance of me doing I am Frank Spencer's twin will be having AB48 service this week just waiting on oil n parts then mechanic I use will do fuel filter

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    fair enough atleast you are honest , no harm in saying leave it to someone else to do it. make sure you have sufficent fuel in the tank when changing the filter..