Service & Maintenance Fuel Filter - Petrol Cars

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordCU2, Saturday 5th Apr, 2014.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anybody changed fuel filter on 2.4 petrol car?
    Do you know where is it located and how easy/difficult it is to change it.
    Car is on 43k and filter never been changed so thought might be good idea to change it before my Euro trip.
    I do have workshop manual but not sure where did i put it.
    Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It won't be dirty pa or worth changing it so soonl.. I can dig up the steps for you if you would like?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Post the info anyway mate, I thinking of doing mine, although, mine has spent most of life running on LPG.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Car is just over 5 years old and thought it would be good idea to change it.
    That's the only thing not changed on it.
    Post the info when you got time.Want to see if I can tackle it myself or leave it for @Beefy next time i am
    In Stoke.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've just checked the manuals myself for the 2009 CU2, you apparently need to turn off the fuel pump via HDS so it might be best to leave the job to HH.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks DD.That is good enough for me,HH it is.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can vent the pressure build up by talking the petrol cap off, turning the fuel pump is a best safety practices, so there is no fuel spraying on hot engine.

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I'm not with you guys. Fuel spraying on hot engine, HDS needed to turn off the fuel pump.... Nothing of that can be found in MaRIS for a 2.4 petrol engine. The pump will not run with ignition off and the filter is in the fuel tank, far away of the engine bay.
    Filter needs to be replaced at 72 months/75k miles whatever comes first. Means 6 years in this case.

9. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    Hi guys, I plan to change the fuel filter on a accord 2.4. Is it possible for someone to upload the honda workshop steps for this? Thanks for the help. Also if there are steps for the coolant change that would be great. The car is a 2012 petrol 2.4 manual

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham