Engine & Gearbox Fuel filter queries!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Stevie NI, Friday 19th Oct, 2012.

1. Stevie NI New Member Getting Started

Hi readers, just purchased an accord tourer 2.2ctdi and was wonderin what fuel filter to get. Got air and oil filters along with castrol edge 0-30. The motor factors I use told me there were two sorts of fuel filter on there system and they couldn't tell me which one I needed. Also, to save me lookin any harder, could a kind person tell me where abouts the fuel filter is?! Thanks in advance.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome
    What year is your Accord,there is two different fuel filters depending is it pre facelift or facelift model.
    This one is for pre facelift
    Genuine Honda Accord Diesel Fuel Filter (03-05) [16901S6FE02] - £24.28 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

And this one is for facelift model
    Genuine Honda Accord Diesel Fuel Filter (06-08) [16901RJLE01] - £24.76 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

Filter location and a guide how to do it yourself can be found here
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/2260/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If your car was made from 2006 onwards then the filter is made by Denso. Prior to 2006 it was made by Bosch. Always buy a genuine Honda filter, it seems that non Honda parts can cause problems and theres not that much difference in price anyway.
    The filter is fixed to the bulkhead and to the right of the engine as you look at it from the front, just behind the air filter. You should be able to see the rubber priming bulb on top of it

*** Edit looks like Zoran just beat me to it with a much better reply****

4. Stevie NI New Member Getting Started

Thanks guys! This is much appreciated help! Top forum! :Thumbup: