Introductions fuel filter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zofo69, Thursday 23rd Aug, 2012.

1. zofo69 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hello everyone first time doing this so do not know really what to do, so i will start with a question. just got my first honda, it's a 2008 accord 2.2 i cdti black. done the oil change,oil filter,cabin filter,air filter and back brakes disc and pads. thing is want to do fuel filter but some say its difficult enough and some say it's not too hard. just need to know would i be able to do it.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi ,

If you were close enough I would have done it for you the facelift one are easier than the preface lift ones. Shame you across the seas. I will try to dig up a DIY steps for you that is assuming you have the skills to do it.

3. zofo69 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks much appreciated

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi there,
    I don't do mine. Not that hard but rather pay someone else - just one of those jobs I font like.. Good to see you here and hope to hear how you get on with yours.. Make sure you update the post so we know how it goes..

Happy days..
    :Thumbup:

5. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Planning on doing pretty much the same with mine shortly . Similarly it will be my first time working on a Honda. The fuel filter seems to be something which is mentioned alot as awkward . Honda in Galway told me they allow 1hour for their techs to carry it out. Not sure how close to correct that is though. I see there is a video on this for the CR-V On YouTube but the think the bay and the filter differ somewhat. Perhaps similar to the change in filter between the Pre/facelift models.
    Seem to be a lot of guys on here changing break discs.. Are they prone to a lot of wear or warping or are people upgrading them. I did notice mine were changed post it's last MOT before I bought the car. I bought the Car with 52k miles and only about 55 on it now. Would mileage have you seen on pads/ discs on the diesel accord .

6. Jon_G Guest

I've got a 2005 pre-facelift model with the apparently harder-to-change Bosch filter and changed it myself for the first time earlier this year without seeing the DIY. I wouldn't say it was a particularly tough job (e.g. no need to get under the car), but I was very glad I had several different drive size socket sets so I could use two universal drives on a 0.25" drive socket to get to the bolt at the rear of the filter. Worked fine afterwards.

I'm sure the DIY will make it clear!

7. zofo69 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for all the replies. Just wondering if anyone has pics on how to change fuel filter?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. zofo69 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fair play to you IchibanAccord this will come in very handy.brilliant stuff. :Thumbup:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP bud just get the DIY done for the others, it all about helping.

11. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Zofo69 did you ever get a chance to do the fuel filter. Looking at trying this tomorrow so want to know if there is anything I need to look out for?

12. zofo69 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No not yet just waiting till I get a bit of free time.

13. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

In the midst of it now but having to take a lot of breaks to let the showers pass..just putting it back in now. awkward enough and you want plenty of socket extensions and universal joints. I've taken pics as I went so I will try to post them this weekend.