Electrical & Lights Fuel gauge

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Mazeyshane, Friday 19th Aug, 2016.

1. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello, need some help, i cleaned all the crap off back of clocks yesterday so they are brighter but now im second guessing myself to the fuel gauge, I've done 207.3 miles and its saying I've just undwr half a tank, i can't member what i got exactly before on that part but im just wandering if the needle is stuck or my xar is running better on fuel as i drove to wales the other day and this is first fill up since i had been so it could be that and im being paranoid or my fuel gauge is stuck but im not sure, so if someone could help would be. Agreat help because i don't really want run out of fuel haha. Thanks for any help or advice.

14716144720461265636369. 14716145107721724307832. 1471614533761790297121.

2. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    I think from brim to 50% remaining is about 200 to 220 in mine too.

3. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok mate cheers, I've don't about 8-9 miles since i posted this and heres another picture, im not quiet sure if its moved abit or not

Attached Files:

4. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    You could try and brim it again, I would expect that to take about 40ltr to fill (65ltr) and that would indicate if the needle is more or less accurate.

My tank range has been from about 380 to 430 if I recall correctly, soo 200ish halfway is not far from my expectations.

5. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I usally get about 270 and i still have about just under a quater of a tank because don't like it being below incase of an emergancy orsomet and i will fill it tonight snd let you know mate, just hope its not stuck, but on plus side if it is stuck, can just get another one out of some clocks

Harvey likes this.
  6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seems unlikely to have got stuck unless you sprayed something in there that has congealed. I don't usually fill up more than half a tank and get usually 168 miles from half to thr fuel warning light. The book on the Accord is 40.1mpg extra urban, 32mpg mixed and 25mpg urban only

7. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well the needle is fine now, after trying to waste my fuel to find out if it was stuckk, then all of a sudden it got me and i had nearly no fuel left but have filled up ans been driving it abit and it seems to be all fine now, was either stuck or i was just driving sensibly but now its nearly on half a tank and I've only got 130miles so far, so think i need calm down with my foot abit haha, just need clean the EGR plate as it feels like its dragfing abit and fit a new caliper as that sticks aswell now on osr -.- then car ahould hopefully be fine :Smile: thanks everyone for the feed back been much appreciated :Smile: and if anyone has any info on beat way to remove the EGR plate would be much appreciates aswell :Smile:

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats good to hear about the fuel gauge. Also there is a guide on here for EGR plate removal and cleaning.

As for the brake caliper contact Holdcroft honda, you will be suprised how little a genuine brand new caliper actually costs as opposed to a new reconditioned caliper from a motor factors. When I put one on mine recently it was only marginally more than a motor factors part at £77.

9. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've seen a guide but the pictures won't show up no more so its not really much help tbh, would rather look at pictures then read how to do it if that makes sense?

Was that 77 quid for a honda one??

10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah right, not sure why they won't. The genuine honda one was only slightly more than the £77 motor factors one. But that was after the motor factors would have returned the surcharge for the core.

11. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ohright, may look into it or see if there is one in local scrappy :Smile: and cars got another problem now, all dash lights have gone off but still have indicator and all the warning lights still work -.-

12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

check all your fuses in both fuse boxes first.

13. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Checked the one in dash on right, fuse is fine, what other one is there mate??

14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There might be one for the control module that's behind the passenger side fuse box, which is like a body control module that's popped.

15. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just checked the old manual and well there seems be only one fuse for the dash lights and I've checked that and that ones fine mate, have you got a pic handy of what you mean mate?
    - - - Updated - - -
    It don't even make that beeping noise when lights are on and doors open

Attached Files:

16. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The other fusebox is behind a cover panel, just below the glove box, there are fuses there as well. I can't remember what circuits it controls. I do have a spare fusebox I took out of another car, when I blew it up with LED interior lights, ille take a pic when I get a sec.

17. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok mate cheers thanks for that

18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

19. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes mate i have now sorted it, thank you