Engine & Gearbox Fuel Issues.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by guyayres, Monday 4th Jul, 2016.

1. guyayres Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England guy watford
    Hi All.
    My accord died as I pulled onto the motorway in fourth gear and then failed to restart. I called the AA who towed me home he put his diagnostic tool on and it came up with 0 fuel pressure.
    If switch the ignition on it, the engine management light comes on and the coil light flashes.
    I'm thinking : fuel pump, camshaft sensor, cam chain, cracked injector.
    The fuel filter is only 1 year old as is the fuel pressure release valve.
    Any suggestions or ways to narrow this down.
    It won't start so this narrows down some of the diagnostic abilities.
    regards.

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    A credible fuel rail pressure reading of 0 whilst cranking the engine strongly suggests that the fuel pump is not working. This could be due to a break in the drive linkage (which comes off the rear of one of the camshafts), possibly because the removable Oldham coupling has come loose or - less likely - the timing chain has broken.

legend-ary likes this.
  3. guyayres Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England guy watford
    Thanks Zebster, sounds like it's out of my league when it comes to skill level. Do you think i'd be looking at a hefty bill. I love this car but i'm thinking with 150,000 on the clock it might be time to say goodbye.

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    If it's the fuel pump or the Oldham coupling then it'd be a pretty easy job that could be done with secondhand parts. The fuel pump driveshaft from the camshaft could be time-consuming to replace, as the injectors need to come out to remove the cam cover, so wouldn't be cheap. if the timing chain has broken then you probably need a new engine.

legend-ary likes this.
  5. guyayres Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England guy watford
    Many thanks
    I'll see if my local garage will pick it up and take a look. Dreading the call when they tell me what's wrong.

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Good luck and please let us know how this works out.