Off-Topic Fuel prices on the up

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Monday 23rd Jan, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This week I have filled up four times at the same petrol station at Leeds. On three occasions I have noticed an increase by one P between the refills. With the ongoing sanctions on Iran will the oil companies milk the situation and control the prices?

1.50 fuel is around he corner to my calculations.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

How long before £2 a litre I wonder.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If does then my dream of buying the 8th Generation accord will be derailed. I will have to wait for the 9th Generation Hybrid Accord. The Increase of fuel prices will only bring the resistance to hybrid vehicles to an end.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    unfortunately fuel blocades and protests won't be all that far away either. ahhhh the joys of motoring!

5. Quirrel New Member Getting Started

I'm sure I read a study that had the £2 price point as the point where people couldn't afford to drive to work.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If that ever happen i will take my car off the road and buy little scooter to potter around.for work i got my van and company shell diesel card.

7. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Watch the increase in track days/motorsports events/auto corporate events go up on the rise.

People will just use 70mpg A to B boxes to get about, but then have a toy. If your work involves going to an office to send some emails etc, then you don't need to be there, that can be done at home.

The price of trackdays, autocross events are going down, more companies starting up providing services for arrive and drive with cars.

Want to start a business for the next current trend, this area could be one of them.

8. Quirrel New Member Getting Started

Watching C4 news just now and looks like we are in for a serious spike due to the largest refinery in the UK closing down due to the owners being bankrupt.

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've give up caring about fuel prices.

I need it, I buy it, the end. We just have to accept the grease up and rub down as part of life.

10. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i never realy pay any attention. just put £30 in every time pays me money n off i trot. we will all be buggerd in in 20 odd years time, the oil won't last forever

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I noted that there was an article about hydrogen powered cars recently. It looks like there are a number of companies coming together with some timescales for production being supported by the government. I beleive Honda have already made a Hydrogen car several years ago but the costs are just astronomical at the moment. Give it 10 years and i'm sure things would have changed massively.

Hydrogen Cars Come A Step Closer On Britain's Roads Thanks To a £400m Government Initiative | Business | Sky News

12. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    at leist honda will allways be a few steps ahead of the rest!. i believe honda isnt far off developing a home powerstation. essentualy it heats/powers your home and converts electricity into hydrogen for your FCX. hydrogen is the most abundent molecule on earth, it won't be long before a more economical way of producing it on mass becomes avaliable. then hydrogen cars will be the next big thing. maybe not in our life time but in our childrens, oil will be limited for use in absolute essentual products. crude won't be refined for petrol/diesel forever!

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I want to lease an FCX now where do I sign up Honda UK please add me to the list. Like Jay Leno own works Hydrogen cars will be the saviour for the petrol cars we will enjoy them and appreciate them. More FCX clips on our own AOCUK YouTube portal

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You got a link to this study bud? I will be interested to look at this so will Hybrid manufacturers so they can start to charge a premium for their hybrid vehicles and cash in!!

16. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In South Florida right now surprizingly went down to 3.49(unleaded) and 3.89(premium) for a gallon. I feel for you guys 1.5LBP thats like $2.35 for liter = 8.90 for a gallon thats insane.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to RIP off Britain, were fleecing and being alive with a strong commercial head is the norm.