Engine & Gearbox Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Friday 22nd Feb, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have had the faults read on my Accord 2.2 I-CDTI and it is coming up with Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low and Fuel Rail Pressure Lower Than Expected.

Can anyone help me with this on what i should be looking at next.

2. rhardley Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob Cheshire
    I've just had very similar, here's what I've learnt..

1) Redex + Good Diesel (Shell VPower) is a good starter, give the engine/injectors a good clean.

2) Is the Fuel Filter ready for a change? I put mine through a full service and its behaving now.

Fortunately I didn't have to find out what else it was going to be, but the alternative is that the Fuel Pump is on the way out.

However, I believe 'this' is quite a common fault with the Honda Diesel. For the Fuel Filter, try and make sure its the OEM Honda Filter as its not keen on generic brands.

Rob

3. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Yes, also in the germ. Accordforum some i-ctdis have had this fault / problem (esp. in wintertime) --> A fuel filter change solved the problem :Bye:

4. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sorry to sound stupid but where is the fuel filter located on the accord 2.2 ic-tdi?

- - - Updated - - -

would this affect the starting of the car as it starts first time everytime but takes a little to fire

- - - Updated - - -

would this affect the starting of the car as it starts first time everytime but takes a little to fire

- - - Updated - - -

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. brianvin New Member Getting Started

have had problems with my 06 FR-V 2.2 ctdi not starting, starting with 4x injector changes, still no start, then new battery as the volts dropped under crank, still no start, no faults on computer and it started every time when plugged in, aaarrrggggh, went to lift car, it wouldn't start, yipppie im not mad, laptop plugged in and it flagged up low rail pressure 130bar cranked until 270 was reached and wahey she fired up, theres a switch on the fuel pump that controls the pressure and mines faulty bout £100 +fitting and so I hope this time that's it.